Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, September 10, 2004

Three years have gone by.......................

Hello Everyone,

Tommorow will be September 11th. I am not in the U.S right now so I haven't been hearing anything about the Sept. 11th anniversary. I shouldn't even call it an anniversary. Anniversaries are for days that are happy and that people want to look back on as the years pass.

 Sept 11th was horrific, but it is a day that should never be forgotten. I must confess that I almost forgot the anniversary. But I will always remember the day my old roommate and I were woken up by her boyfriend on the phone and ordered to turn on the T.V. It was a sad day indeed.

But I know people that were there that day. My friend here from NY was in the towers that day and escaped a couple of hours early. I can imagine people feeling pain by watching the TV. But can you imagine what the people in New York were going through as this all happened in their own neighborhood and took the lives of their loved ones? I can't imagine what they went through.

Three years have gone by........................

Time goes by so fast. I remember the U.S being united for a while after. Political parties came together and people were proud to fly the U.S flag and be part of this country. I remember how emotional it was for me to watch a simple baseball game because people in the stands took off their baseball caps, and put their heart into singing the national anthem of the United States.

Now is seems like that is forgotten. Political parties are back to fighting and people aren't as united anymore.

And on top of that, I don't think that Bush is fighting the right war. We have a lot of bigger problems than Iraq. It he was really concerned about terrorism, he wouldn't be focusing a lot of his attention on Iraq. Plus, It is our husbands, brothers, cousins and fathers that he is sending.  He is lucky that he doesn't have to worry about sending his family to fight. These people that are lost in battle can't be replaced by their families. Can you imagine a mother spending 18 long years loving and raising her children only for them to end up getting killed in battle? I can't. Another one of the many reasons I do not want to have children.

I salute the people out there fighting. They made a choice to fight for the US. They knew that they could die in battle and they still chose to fight. They are fighting for those that can't fight, or those that don't want to. Because these people chose to fight and volunteered, the rest of us aren't forced to go to battle.

God Bless our country.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrific entry. Well said........