Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, October 7, 2004

More Random thoughts from a Chica in Barcelona

Hello Everyone,

I would like to thank all of you out there that read my journal and leave comments. Thanks : Angela, Christina, Jessie, Carlette, Jeanette, Mom, Shira, Marc, Antonio and anyone else out there that I missed or don´t know personally.

I am still kinda sick but I went to work anyways. I don´t want my bosses to think I am lazy. I really need this job right now. Anyways my right nostril was clogged so it was a little hard to speak on the phone. But I survived. I called a lot of people in Germany and Switzerland. Over half the people there spoke absolutely no English so I got to practice my German. That at least made my job somewhat bearable today.

What else ? It has been exactly a week since I moved from my old place. It was sad because my old roommate and I were really good friends and he was helping me out, or so I thought. We don´t exactly get along anymore and he was more than happy that I left his place. And he said some nasty things to me before and after I left. But what he will never realize is that I am a million times happier about it than he´ll ever be. I tried to appologize and make things right but he didn´t want that. He just wanted to bitch at me. Everything I did was wrong. It´s too bad we still work in the same building and I have to see him. Maybe one day we´ll talk again. But right now I am still very upset and wouldn´t mind if he just disappeared from the face of this earth to be blunt.

I like my new apartment so far. I think I already mentioned that my roommate is a Spanish/Catalan guy. He is nice so far, but after the experience with my old roommate I don´t know if that niceness will last or not. But I am happy to be living with someone that speaks no English. I need to improve my Spanish and this is one way to do it.

I also really like his parents. He always goes over for lunch and he invited me over once. His mother is a good cook and is really nice. So is the dad. Sometimes they come over to our apartment and we get to chat. It´s easy to meet individual people here in Barcelona, but it is hard to meet a family altogether.

What else ? Oh Yes !!! my mom sent me Dvds !!! One of them was Deuce Bigalow with Rob Scneider. He is my favorite actor and that movie always makes me laugh. I am saving it for when I have no plans and am all alone.

Tommorow is Friday and I am happy about that. I love the weekends. I hope that I can go salsa dancing again. I need more practice.

Anywho, I better go now.

Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed both your roommates were male. Is that common practice in Europe? I was thinking they'd be very old-fashioned in Europe but it seems not to be the case.
Angela