Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Little Update

Hello,

Last night I went to the hospital to get my head checked out. I swear I feel like an alien, because 3 bumps appeared on my head within a week, and they were giving me headaches. At first I wasn´t gonna do anything but my roommate convinced me so off we went.

Anyways, going to the hospital in Spain is a new experience for me. They DO NOT speak any English. Thank God I know enough Spanish, and thank God my roommate went with me. We waited for about 2 hours, but that´s to be expected. The last time I went to the hospital in CA I waited longer. And they sent me a nice fat bill.

The doc told me that I shouldn´t worry and that it doesn´t seem serious. But they took skin samples from my head anyway to test it. I will have to go back to get a consultation again in about two weeks. At least the doc was nice.

I am just happy that health care is free here in Spain. It is free to everyone as long as they are registered in the town hall. AND people can chose their doctors. In the states I could never afford to do this. I really do believe in free health care. From what I have seen so far, they do a good job here. I know people might blast me for this belief, but I would love to eliminate health insurance companies.

In the states we have insurance but they really screw around with you. Here it is a basic right. Everyone can see a doctor and people don´t have to worry about not being able to get medical attention.

Okay, gotta go.

 

No comments: