Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, October 22, 2007

It's Official ! I can no longer afford to live !!!!

Hello there my lovelies,

Well, it is official !! I now have to get a second job in order to stay afloat. My car insurance rate has doubled, and I just found out that my insurance won't cover the rest of my doctors appointments. This means that I am getting hit with another $500 in doctors bills.

Finding a law firm to work for is another interesting feat. I have my degree, I am bilingual and I am pursuing my Paralegal certificate. Yet most don't want to consider me because I've never worked in a law firm before. Plus, one company already already had an issue with me because I am going to school in the evenings. Supposedly working overtime is very important. And I agree. I would love to work overtime when I don't have school. Yet they can't give me a break for the two nights I attend school. I make it clear in my interviews that I am willing to do anything from making coffee to research to legal writing. And that I can work almost any hours except for the two nights I have school, and even that is negotiable.

 It seems like I may have to work for a legal non-profit agency for free during the day and work at night. I really don't want to go down that road because I can't afford to work for free. But if I have to, I will.

The good news is that I don't give up. Rejection just doesn't phase me anymore.  And that is because I don't have any options at this point.

I just can't afford to live anymore. I don't work to live anymore. Now I have to live to work.

Anyway, I can't wait until this year is over.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did I miss? Were you in a car accident? I was in a car accident, too, in September. Yikes at doctors bills. When they asked me if I wanted a ride to the hospital in an ambulance, I told them no, because I still do not have a job and I did not want the extra bills. I am so sorry you are facing yet another dilemna. <I probably didn't spell that right! Even tho' you have to get a second job, be grateful that you have one job. I am still waiting in faith, but I, too, am running out of money. My poor savings! That money could have been put to better use... like plastic surgery or lipsuction!! LOL...Kiss kiss...

Anonymous said...

Next year will be better, and all of your hard work will pay off.

Elisa

Anonymous said...

It's time for J-Land TRICKS OR TREATS!!!!!! Come get your treat at The Glass Box!
http://journals.aol.com/winivere2002/TheGlassBox/entries/2007/10/27/trick-or-treats/1902