Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Reincarnation

Hello,

I have been reading some interesting topics lately. I went to the bookstore and read books on Sylvia Brown. That woman fascinates me. When I was a waitress I served her and her husband twice. And both times in the back of the restaurant. I looked at her and hoped that she would read my mind and know that I was interested in her and hoped she could figure it out. I didn't say anything to her both times out of respect and I wanted her to enjoy her meal. I guess if I asked her something she probably would have answered. But at the time I was in my very early twenties and didn't really have any pressing questions. I left her alone and let her eat in peace. She tipped me fat though. I was appreciative of her generosity and felt like she was a kind person.

Now, I wish I could go back in time and ask her questions. She has written a lot of books and I gathered she is an ethical person, which I admire. Her books on reincarnation intrigued me the most. Especially the subject of cell memory.

Lately I have been reading articles on holocaust victims reincarnating in this life and reliving old memories.

I don't know what I was in my past life, but I would like to find out. I had a very strong interest in the holocaust when I was a teenager that never seemed to go away I just had to read everything about it. Now I am more interested in the stories of the survivors. I was really drawn to Schindler's List and the Piano. I always felt embarrassed about my strong interest.

There is a woman in Sweden that claims she is the reincarnation of Anne Frank. I read her bio and I suppose it could be true. She has flashbacks of being in the house, and the arrest. Plus one of the surviving Frank family members believes she is Anne reincarnated. But I am sure there are so many women out there that feel the same way and feel that they are Anne. Plus, that is a bold statement to make. I would like to read the book, but I can understand why there was public outrage.

But I have a strong feeling that I was in Europe during that era. That obsession has never gone away. I love the era between the 1920s to the 1940s. I love how women dressed back then. When I was a child I read everything I could get my hands on during that 20 year period. Whether it was in the US or Europe.

I have a strong interest in the Old Europe. I pay attention to old buildings build during or soon after the war. Like the very simple apartment buildings where the curtains are made of white lace. I love the old doorbells and I love it when I hear an older woman walking around on the linoleum with her clunker shoes and hair tied up. I love the older trains and I pay attention to the older folks. I admire them because they lived during that era and I want to know how life was for them. When my grandmother died, I was sad because I felt like she was my connection to the past. I loved it when European countries were more individual and the Euro wasn't the currency people used. I don't like the taste of schwartezbrot, but I like it because it is so European and eat it anyway. I love it when older European gentlemen are so polite and offer compliments.

I went over to Austria when I was ten years old for the first time and lived with my aunt for about 6 months. I adapted really well. I went back again when I was 18 and my family was so impressed with how well I took to European customs. While I was living there I was often mistaken for being one of them (as long as they didn't hear me in a long conversation)

I have always envied my Austrian cousins, for they were born and raised there and still live there. I used to secretly wish that my mom had never immigrated to the US and that I was a European child. While I heard the stories of how my cousins traveled all over Europe on family vacations, I was envious. I could travel the entire US, but I would still be in one country. Europeans can travel the continent and cover so many countries.

I am still obsessed with that, but luckily it is not my only interest anymore. I realized that I was limiting myself. I have since taken a liking to world affairs and have wanted to learn about issues affecting the world, and not just events in Europe. I have also recently grown interested in the US Constitution and our founding fathers. Especially since I started studying it in my American Law class. Ever since I traveled to Spain a couple of years ago and got homesick for American things, I realized that I am American, no matter how obsessed I may be with Europe. And the US has a great history that I should learn about.

Anyway, back to past lives. I would really like to learn mine. Many people don't believe in it, but I do. And I believe it could provide answers to me in this life.

Anyway, I will end this here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandra, I believe in reincarnation also. I have been told that I was royalty in Egypt. Egypt fascinates me, as does the era during the 1930s to the 1940s. My curtains are lace, by the way. LOL... I love the clothing from that era, too! It is funny that you should talk about Sylvia Brown because I was just looking at her website a few days ago. Maybe it was on 10/28 when you wrote this entry! LOL... I am still without a job. I hope I get one before Thanksgiving.

I came for Tricks or Treats but there were no treats in this entry. (Oh, sad)... Come over and pick up your Halloween treats. There are four of them waiting for you at The Glass Box. See if you can find them!!! =.)