Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Have to Save Myself.............

Okay,

2007 is almost up and next month people will be thinking about their New Years Resolutions. I have a few, but one of them will be on the top of my list.

1.) Save myself financially. I have found my financial guru, Suze Orman and I will give her plan a spin. I bought two of her books, and I will put them to the test. I will talk more about that later. I have read a lot of financial books out there and hated all of them, feeling like they don't apply to me. I finally found advice I can actually agree with, and a plan that I can work with. In my humble opinion, most of the financial books out there are NOT geared towards young adults.

I have found that it's not really about how much you make, rather how you manage what you make. If you can't handle the little salary you make now and understand where everything goes, then when you do make a bigger salary you're likely to piss a lot of it away and leave a lot of money on the table at the same time.

I am supposed to graduate by the end of next year and I would like to have my shit under control by then. I may still owe a lot of money, but at least I will have a better handle on my finances. I would like to cut back on services I don't really use, get a better grip on my retirement funds, and get all the mistakes on my credit score cleared up.

For the longest time, I only thought that having a good credit score is all that one needs. But there is so much more involved with financial planning.

Anywho, that is my first priority for next year in addition to school. Finally a resolution that doesn't involve weight loss.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!

Anonymous said...

yup thats my resolution!!
elisa