Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Presidential Election Coming Up

Hello All,

So I have been reading about the presidential candidates for 2008 and I am so frustrated. I really don't know who to vote for. Unless the candidate is really far to the left or so far to the right, they don't really clearly state their agendas. They shy away from a lot of direct questions.

Take Hillary Clinton for example: She was asked if she agreed whether illegal aliens should be given drivers licenses. She would not give a straight answer. She danced around it. She said that the problem with that is that states are making the decisions individually when it really should be a federal issue. She did not answer the question.

Hello, Hillary !!! You are campaigning to become the next president. The president of the United States is a FEDERAL position, so shut up and answer the dawddamn question !!! Answer yes or no, because I am sure as president it would become your problem and you can sign or veto the bills in Congress. And I am trying to decide if I should vote for you or not, so please just answer some questions directly.

I am not far to the left and I am not to the far right. I am very liberal on some issues and very conservative on others. So therefore, I can't vote for a die-hard liberal or a die-hard conservative.

Seeing as in school we've been taught that only Democrats or Republicans win the presidency, it would be pointless to vote for another party, such as the Green Party. So therefore I would have to vote for someone like Guiliani, a Republican, or Hilary, a Democrat, candidates that kind of dance in the middle, and at least try to appeal to both sides.

But the problem with that is that they don't really have solid plans. And you can't really appeal to both sides.

I am also frustrated because we are in such a budget crises. The Democrats can't possibly keep their promises for their plans to help the poor. And the Republicans if they clean up the budget would do a lot of clean up in the name of eliminating important social programs.I remember when Arnold first came into office here in Californina. One of the first things he did was cut our school budget. I was in a state college at the time and we were hit pretty hard. The budget was so tight that the teachers couldn't even make enough photocopies of our homework for us.

I guess I am rambling. I have come to the conclusion that no candidate that I vote for would really be on the same page as me. I guess I willjust have to choose the lesser of the two evils.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last several elections felt like we were always voting for the lesser of two evils rather than the best person. Hate that!

Anonymous said...

The thing is not to vote for Democrat vs Republican or man vs woman or black vs white, but to vote for the person you consider to be the best candidate for the job...

Having worked in different government programs, many of the "poor" become poor or pretend to be poor so that they can live off the government. There are more "poor" people in the world who are not poor, just raised to believe that the government owes it to them to take care of them. You would be surprised at how many illegal immigrants are obtaining an education in the United States, not paying taxes and are on government aid. The same goes for some of the "poor" people who were born and raised in the United States. You would be surprised at all the free things all of these people receive and that we (as employees) are forced to provide for them, while the rest of us "honest" people continue to struggle to survive.