Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

No One Should Have to Live On The Street

Hello All,

I hope you all enjoyed your New Years. I guess I did. I got sick again. But my roommate did take me out to dinner, which was nice. I am broke right now, so the extra meal was a bonus. I was supposed to go out to downtown Santa Cruz with my friend, but we didn't want to be out when it would be packed and people would be drunk and littering the streets with vomit. So I opted to stay in.

Anyway, I was checking my emails as usual a couple of days ago and one of our AOL Journal  friends, Winivere is in need of our help. She has lost her job seven months ago and hasn't found a new one since. She said that if she doesn't find a new one that she will be forced to live in her car.

She asked us to light a virtual candle for her in a virtual candle light vigil. That is how I found out about her situation. I knew that she was still looking for a new job, I just didn't know that things were looking so bad. You can read about her and her situation in her AOL journal: http://journals.aol.com/winivere2002/TheGlassBox/

I guess a candlelight vigil is a nice gesture. But it isn't going to put food in her cupboards or get her a new job any faster.

I was afraid of losing my job last year. I also have a lot of debt and seriously contemplated living in my car for a few months so that I could get back on track. I have entertained the thought myself, and it is awful. I couldn't actually imagine doing it.

So I am here to ask for help in helping our friend Winiviere. I have her address but don't know if I should post it publicly.

Here is what else can be done:

1.) You can e-mail her for her address: WINivere2002@aol.com

2.) You can e-mail me if you want it to be a surprise for her: Wallstreetsmart@aol.com

If you can't give anything, no problem. Maybe you can say a prayer for her ? If you are in a position and want to, whatever you want to give would be wonderful. Grocery gift cards would be one example.

Anywho, Happy New Year Everyone !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Well aren't you sweet?! Thank you for doing this for me. I guess nobody saw it because there are no comments, but thank you for thinking of me. Love you, Win =.)

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Sandra... Well, I made it through January... Now I need to try to make it through February! I hate living like this. I have a lot of applications out there. All I need is one bite!! I already sent off my income tax. I hope it comes fast. If I can get the rent for February and don't have a job by March, the income tax will help. I have no idea why it has been so hard for me to find work. Thank you so much for being a friend. =.)