Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, January 28, 2008

Would you like to buy some documents ?

Aloha,

So I live in San Jose, and sometimes I do my shopping on Story Road near the Dollar Store, Ritmo Latino and Tropicana. (By the way, that dollar store is a rip off and nasty) Big parking lot in the shopping area. It's like a little Hispanic shopping mall. Good food, cute clothes. Unfortunately you have to deal with the men that loiter around the stores and in the parking lot.

But each time I go there these men approach me and keep asking me "Mica ? Seguros ? Documentos ? Papeles ? As I am pulling into the parking lot this guy starts coming towards my car. I pretend I don't speak Spanish.

I get into the mall area and another guy comes towards me and asks me if I want to buy "seguros" or "papeles". I'm thinking why the hell are these dudes asking me about insurance ? Why are they asking me for papers ? Ooh, that's right, they're trying to buy my documents off me and sell them to someone else. So I asked the guy in Spanish "I'm sorry about my Spanish skills, but you want to buy MY documents ? " The guy looked at me sheepishly, smiled, told me to forget about it and walk away. I asked him to please explain this to me slowly, but he didn't want to.

So I go home and ask my roommate about it. Turns out they were trying to sell ME false documents. "Seguro" also means "social security". So they wanted to sell me a fake social, a fake license, who knows what else. LOL, when they realized that I don't speak Spanish like them they backed off. I am not even Hispanic, not even a drop but I guess I can sure blend in. During that one trip I was approached three times.

Now I am really curious as to how much these fakes go for.

No comments: