Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Sad Time In J Land, I am Sad................

http://journals.aol.com/demandnlilchit/Ishavedmylegsforthis

The above link is a link to Kim's journal. I think she has had the journal for about 4 years. She was diagnosed with Stage II Breast Cancer in July 2006.

I stumbled on her journal one day and loved reading her journal. She had a wonderful outlook on life and talked about her cancer treatments openly. If you scroll down the page you can see a picture of her and her husband. She also wrote about him a lot and how much of a good husband he was. I wrote an entry about her a while back and dedicated to her, and she found out because she started reading my journal and leaving me comments every once in a while. I lost touch with her after a little bit, but I still always thought about her and would read her entries.

She passed away on December 26, 2007. I am glad that her family at least got one last Christmas with her. I took a break reading journals for a while and when I came back to hers yesterday, I was heartbroken to find out that she passed away. I hope that the journal will continue to stay posted for a while. I have never met her, but I think about her a lot. I also feel really sad for her husband. She wrote about him a lot and he is a good man.

She fought so hard during her treatments. And so many things happened to her. She initially had breast cancer and it spread from one breast to another, and then to her lungs, over time. She had to go through so much and she fought with a warrior spirit. There were alslo times throughout her journal entries where things were looking brighter and I really really thought that she would beat the cancer. I just never really worried about her because I thought that with an attitude like hers, that she would surely beat the disease.

It's so sad. No one deserves to go through that. I have heard a lot of "miracle stories" and know many people that beat cancer. It really can be done. Sometimes it is hard to realize that this disease can kill, and sometimes the best attitude, intentions and faith still won't make it go away. Just because a person was taken by the disease does not mean that they didn't try hard enough or stay positive enough. If that were the case, she would still be here.

My friend's mother was recently diagnosed with cancer, but luckily she is a nurse and they caught it in its early stage. I really pray for her.

This can happen to any one of us. Sure, there are ways to decrease the risk of cancer. But in the end, it can happen to anyone expectedly or unexpectedly. I think it is a nasty game of duck duck goose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, know what you mean, but I think Kim was ready. She was an inspiration.