Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Aloha My Lovelies,

Okay, so I just finished polishing up my resume. Okay, scratch that. I revamped it completely. I looked at different formats and suggestions and decided that my resume needed some changes. It never occured to me that I should post the scholarships that I won. Why didn't I think of that ? I also added my objective. So, now my resume looks a lot better.

However, no matter what I do to it and how much I fluff it up, hiring law firms will always see that I have never worked in a legal environment before. Every firm I have applied to wants experience whether it is answering the phones or filing. Oh, I have tons of that type of experience. But because I never did any of that in a law firm, it doesn't count. So I am working on that too. I would like to start volunteering for pro bono cases. I have a couple of interviews next week, and I hope that they go well. I have always wanted to volunteer and give back to the community anyway, so this would be great. I would like to work on immigration cases, but I am open to anything that they throw at me. It would be ideal for me to work with refugees.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What helped me was that I did a lot of volunteer work while I was getting my degree. Find a place to volunteer that goes with your career plan.