Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Law Libary

Hello There My Lovelies,

Okay, so the quarter is almost over, and I have projects, tests and assignments coming up. So I visited the law libary here in town.I am trying to complete my research project, and I suck at that. I thought I covered the right points and turns out I was wrong. Luckily the teacher told me that the only way I would fail is if I didn't turn in the project. Yay for me ! I will take a stab at it and turn it in.

Anyway luckily no screaming children were running around. Who would want to bring their kids there anyway ? The place is boring, and although I wanted to enjoy the intellectual atmosphere, I simply couldn't. I looked out of place there, like a dog walking on its hind legs. The librarian asked me if I was okay, and I finally confessed that I was new and trying to figure everything out. He then gave me a map. I was locating the books my professor talked about in class and identified them. That was a start for me.

So I was sitting at a table and minding my own business when some random guy who was sitting for a while at the table on the other side of the library comes to my table and sits down. For the record, the whole place is almost empty. There are many tables he could choose, but he walks all the way over to mine, plops down and starts reading. Reads a legal book like it's a novel and enjoying it. I don't even see attorneys who do that. My teacher told me he doesn't favor reading legal documents. That was my first suspicion.

I was kinda irritated because he wore some horrible cologne, had a leather jacket and kinda said something to himself every so often. I didn't want him to sit there, but I brushed it off. I gave him a look like "why my table", and he looked at me but I couldn't say anything. It's a public table, and if he wanted to sit there, he had a right to.

So I keep reading my stuff and wondered why he kept looking at me. He then mumbled something, and I thought he was finally voicing up about the irritated looks I gave him. So I felt bad and asked him what was wrong, and he started asking me questions about myself: What are you studying ? Is it hard ? Where is your boyfriend ? How old are you ? I was being polite and making small conversation while looking at my books so he would get the hint I was stressed and busy, but to no avail.

He then asked me if I had a resume, lol. He told me he worked as an attorney for an appellate court.Whatever, I suppose it's possible. But at that point I was a little creeped out by him and didn't care if he worked at the Supreme Court. I wasn't giving him any info. So I get up to walk around and get away from him, and also to do a little research. As I made my way to different stations of books, he kept looking at me and nodding his head. When he realized that I was going to be busy for a while he went somewhere else. But when I returned to my desk he came back and sat down.

I finally told the librarian, and luckily the guy disappeared shortly before I left. His stuff was still at his table, but whatever. At least he wasn't at my table.

::Shudders::

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL ... as I said in other entry. It's your fault for being so pretty. LOL... Guys cant figure out busy work, girl. Just tell him your busy!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you preety girl. Trust me as a librarian...I know about all the weirdos that come into the library.