Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, September 1, 2008

Stuff White People Like

Hello Again,

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/full-list-of-stuff-white-people-like/

There is a book out called Stuff That White People Like, along with a copy of that list. You can click on the link to read more individual details on each number.

I hate to admit it, but this list is pretty accurate, at least for the white population here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I used to volunteer in Palo Alto in a legal aid organization with mainly whites. Those people fit the profile of this list, almost to a tee : Ivy Leagues Schools, internships, yoga, facebook, study abroad, hating corporations, loving Apple, driving a Prius, and wanting to vote for Obama, while bashing bush and putting down the US.

I have more opinions on this as well as my fellow whites but I won't go any further.

Oh, my white friend pointed this book out and we both had a chuckle about it.

There are so many books about what black people like, or books stereotyping them. Books that categorize Latinos.

It's about time whites got a book like this. And I thought it was hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book is hilarious!! I was reading it at Borders downtown and started laughing out loud, especially when it came to Priuses, Apple products, and Barack Obama. In fact, I'm laughing right now just thinking about it. I even showed my MOTHER the book!!