Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Secret Pimp

Hello there my lovelies,

Okay, so Christmas is over, but remember Secret Santa ? Well, I am gonna play the role of Secret Pimp, or in this case (cuz I'm a chick) a Pimptress, or a Pimpette, or whatever the hell you wanna call it.

Okay, moving along................

I was so bored the other day and decided to venture out onto my J-Land Friends' pages and see their friends' journals.

Winivere (The Glass Box) http://journals.aol.com/winivere2002/TheGlassBox/ has a long list of friends, so I just started clicking away and reading. I came upon Demandnlilchit who's name is Kim. Her catch phrase is "I shaved my legs for this ?" Here is a link to her journal : http://journals.aol.com/demandnlilchit/Ishavedmylegsforthis

This woman is amazing. She won 3 Vivi Awards, and she so deserved them all. She was diagnosed with cancer this year, and has wrote about her experiences in the journal. She has had to put up such a fight, and she is so brave for letting us in on her darkest moments. I think it is so important that people see how cancer destroys lives.

But the part that makes this journal the best and wins her the Vivi awards is her attitude. She has a great attitude and sense of humor about it. She's not hiding anything and she's not pretending either. She has a great attitude and is brutally honest.

It also scared the bejeesus out of me because she mentioned that she was healthy a few months before her diagnosis. And it can happen to all of us. I am in my mid twenties and I am used to feeling invincible. I can't imagine what I would do if cancer hit me. With all diseases running in my family, I can't afford to miss out on my checkups. When you read her journal you will be scared straight into the doctors office.This woman is really pretty and it broke my heart to read that she had to lose a breast and her hair. But when you look at her pictures, you can't tell. Her true beauty shines through.

This journal humbled me in so many ways. I realized that I still have a lot to learn in life. I am in my mid twenties now, but I still haven't experienced many things that most women go through and struggle with. I have such a long way to go. I thought I had it rough, but after reading her journal I thanked God for my health. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Winivere http://journals.aol.com/winivere2002/TheGlassBox/ also has a great journal. She was nominated for the Vivi Awards. Her journal not only has substance, but she maintains it really well with creative graphics and pictures, which is also important in a contest. I like that she uses a lot of quotes. The metaphors she uses to describe herself are great.

When I read her journal I feel like I could relate her. She is a person of substance, and I appreciate that.

Anyway, all this pimping is tiring me out, so I will go now. Ciao Ciao.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading the first journal for a few months but added the 2nd one.

Anonymous said...

OMGGGGGGGG... I cannot believe you are strutting your stuff and pimping The Glass Box. LMAO...

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am not very savvy when it comes to graphics. Most of them are by trial and error, but I try.

I was very suprised that The Glass Box was nominated for an award this year, because I feel that I have neglected my journal a lot....Multiple STRESSES take over my life so much that there are many times when ... well, you know... single people... got to work hard for that money. LOL

Hope 2007 is a better year for all of us.

XOXO,
Win =.)

Anonymous said...

Here I sit so very humbled by your kind words, Thank you for your sharing my story with your readers, one never knows who might finally make that doctors appointment, or follow up with testing and such.........lives are saved by early detection and you too are helping to spread the word and I thank you!

Kimberleigh