Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Yoga and Bellydance

Hello there my lovelies,

I recently took up yoga, and I bought a new yoga mat yesterday. I started it to help me dance better. All of the bellydance teachers or performers that I admire and respect also do yoga. Anyone ever hear of Rachael Brice from Bellydance Superstars ? That woman is amazing and she can move. She studies yoga. My dance teacher who is very beautiful also does it.

 As you know, yoga is not a high impact form of exercise, it works on your flexibility and posture, your breathing and it relaxes you. All those things are important in bellydance. Posture is number one, because if you don't keep your back straight and pelvis tucked then you're gonna injure your back. (Believe me, it really does hurt when you dance the wrong way). Next is breathing properly so that you can dance for long periods of time without getting cramps.

The thing I realized about yoga is that it's more of a journey, kinda like bellydance. You don't compete with anyone, everyone is different, and everyone goes on their journey in a different manner. And I have a long way to go.

The most difficult thing for me to master in yoga is the breathing. I know it sounds so simple, but I am still trying to get my breathing pattern right. Simply straightening my back and bending at the side is also hard for me, because I have had bad posture for so long. But the key is to keep doing it, because it will get better.

I take yoga at the gym I go to, but now that the holidays are here, the schedule is messed up. So, I go when I can.

Anyway, that's all for now. Ciao Ciao.

 

No comments: