Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wallstreet

Hello there my lovelies,

You know what my favorite movie is ? I really love Wallstreet. It was made in the mid 1980s, and of course the technology is way outdated. However, the lessons to be learned will never go out of date.

My professor in my Strategic Management course had us watch it. Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen did a great job together. I love the movie because it is very realistic, and everything said is pretty much true.

In playing the stock market, I feel like Gordon Gecko (Michael Douglas) was right. Most people that play by the rules really end up "throwing darts at the Wallstreet Journal." I believe in order to make a huge killing like he did, one would have to break the insider trading rules. If you ask me, I think that most people playing the stock market indulge in a little inside information to some extent. Don't get me wrong. I think that there are honest people that follow the rules, and some may make a killing. But not the majority.

I love how GG also quoted " The Art of War" throughout the movie. "Every battle is won before it is ever fought" rings so true.

But the greatest part of the movie is how Bud Fox (Charlie Sheen) discovers himself in the end. After he found out Gordon Gecko lied to him and was arrested for breaking the Inside Information Sanctions Act, he realized that he's just Bud Fox. He realized that he sold out for money, and that money made him do things that he didn't really want to do.

The ending was realistic, and I really liked that. He lost all his money and was on his way to jail, but he got his dignity back.

 

 

No comments: