Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Do you Like Men, Women, Perhaps Both ?

Good Afternoon my little chocolate chip cookies !

I hope you are enjoying your weekend ! I know I need to make my way around your blogs !

This week I am working a 7 day week, and I think I will be doing about the same next week. I could really use the cash. I am trying to take a vacation. I have never taken a real vacation from work EVER. All I've ever done was take sick days, or see my family for a couple of days here and there, but never an actual vacation. I hope that I will be able to make it this year. That would be something if I could actually pull it off.

So.................

I was talking to my boss and coworker the other day and we were talking about our upcoming holiday party. And with holiday parties comes a date. I really hope I can make it this year. I live for parties, and I have the perfect dress. I bought it two years ago and have not been able to wear it since there have been no parties to go to.

Anyway, they both are not sure if I am going to bring a man or a woman as my date. In other words, they are not completely sure if I am gay or straight. They said "man or woman, whatever, we don't judge". Haha, the hell you don't ! My boss is Mr. Gossip Central ! He is married with four daughters, am I supposed to believe that ? And don't get me wrong, it is hilarious, but I don't want to be the subject of his gab fests !

You ladies remember that scene with Miranda in Sex And The City where she is set up with a woman at the firm's baseball function ? Because she never talked about dating anyone ? I think that I am becoming that woman ! Please don't get me wrong, I don't care whether a person is gay or straight, I feel that I am pretty openminded. But c'mon, I thought that it was pretty flipping obvious that I bat for the boys' team !

Well, in a nutshell (haha, a pun) that is my predicament. At work, almost everyone else is married or engaged, and me ? I never ever talk about my dating life at work. Probably because I am very single right now and just don't have the time to meet anyone. It's not something I care to just blab about at work or remind myself about.

Ah well.....

Speaking of which I usually don't talk about dating on this blog. I pretty much stopped a few years back. But I recently read through my archives when I did post about it (I've been blogging since 2003). Wow, so embarrassing and painful. I really had no clue how dating in the real world worked back then. I was so naive. We all suffer in some area in life, we can't have it all. Relationships are where I've been hit the hardest and I hope it's not a curse, I hope it gets better as life goes on.

I feel that I've come a along way since then, but reading those blogs made me feel real sad. Thank goodness for blogs and journals, they do give us perspective, and they do remind us of things we think we've forgotten.

Well that is all for now my little chocolate chip treats ! Time to go to dance class !

Next time I think I should have a "manslation" for you !

Besitos !

21 comments:

Jenni said...

And I'm sure your old blog entries also show how much you've changed and grown as a person. =)

You should pull a quick one at the holiday party and bring both. ;)

Anonymous said...

Lol. I totally agree with Jenni - bring one of each to the party! ;o)

RA said...

LOL or why don't you go alone. Imagine their frustration when they STILL don't find out.... :D

Fireblossom said...

Aw, of COURSE I am not upset with you, Senorita. I am upset with the dumb-butt weatherman, who arranged all this insanely hot and humid stuff we have been having. My job has been kicking my happy little ass, and cutting into my blog time. I mean, HELLO what's really inportant here? Huh. Blogging!

I think it's a hoot they said that to you. You are sooo straight lol. You know I bat for the chix team, but as recently as three years ago my mother shocked me by asking (in a moment of amazing optimism, to put it kindly) whether I had any men friends. At first, the penny didn't even drop, I thought she must mean friends friends. Nope, she meant boyfriends. So, I told her "yes", and then grew wings and flew out the window. Or not. LOL.

mac said...

I know one guy who would be extremely happy to go on a date with you...

He's a bit older than you. Would that bother you too much?

Red Shoes said...

I TOTALLY understand your position, Senorita... on a host of fronts.

People at work harp on me...'Shoes, why aren't you married? Why aren't you involved with someone??' Or, I've heard, "it's a shame that someone as nice looking as you are... is single..."

BLERK...

First of all, the dating/gene pool around here sucks donkeys (donkey balls for you)...

Back when I asked my friend, Robert, to go see B.B, King with me , I never thought about... 'Is Shoes gay?' Bastards...

Nope... Shoes is VERY straight... and the dating game/scene is just as confusing now as it was before I got married...

I've written about some relationships on my blog, but in past tense... but I've written very openly in my journals about my dating fiascos. But my journals started as a way of dealing with the death of my Dad and my divorce... which were just months apart.

At ties I think I havn't progressed much, but when I go back and read where I was... and look at where I am now, I see I've made great progress...

Let those idiots at work wonder about you...either way, you are HOT!! ;o)

~shoes~

Red Shoes said...

I type too fast at times...

At tiMes (not ties) I think I havn't progressed much, but when I go back and read where I was... and look at where I am now, I see I've made great progress...

Grrr...

~shoes~

Riot Kitty said...

Dating = suffering, no question about it. I remember that SATC episode - it was hilarious!

Prior to Mr. RK I didn't talk about dating at work unless I was bitching about something...

Jimmy's Journal said...

Bring one of each and flit back and forth between the two. That'll drive them crazy.

Jimmy

KrippledWarrior said...

Honey, I got this ANONYMOUS commenter red handed. be careful. he is in my trap and is dangerous right now. email krippledwarrior@gmail.com
and I'll give you the low down.

Big Mark 243 said...

The fellas at work have to come up with an explination as to why you don't give them ANYTHING to work with. No flirting, not even in the slightest and I bet when they make their lame attempts you go dead in the eyes.

Anywho, women do the same thing with men only they have a little more finesse about it. If you are gay, it won't bother them as much. For men, if you were, it would boost their self esteem.

"Oh, so it isn't because I am such a dweeb! I now get to keep my stud card and fantasy about making out with maybe Senorita and her hot lezzie girlfriend! Bonus!!

Try hard to take that vacay... if I don't plan and go somewhere I will prolly explode!! As for the date, go to have the most fun, forget about messing with peoples mind.

The Girl With The Mousy Hair said...

Hi hun, don't work to hard, seven days is to much for any woman. You really should take that holiday. I could have done with your French skills in Paris recently.
As for the lady or man thing I say keep em guessing, it adds to your mystic.

Ileana said...

I don't blame you for not sharing your personal life with everyone at work, but I can't imagine anyone would think you (of all people) are a lesbian. You obviously love men too much! I'm with Jenni, bring one of each...and flirt with both! ;)

LL Cool Joe said...

It really is none of their business! And even if you went with a person of a certain gender doesn't mean you straight or gay anyway.

Btw. You asked about my photo, well my avatar photo is me and there's a bigger version of it on my last post anyway. That should scare you away forever!

Bossy Betty said...

You are right that blog/journal entries can give us perspective! I love the idea of taking one of each to the next party!!!

Mike_D said...

If you weren't in California, I would go with you!!! (the male half that is--I'm not jealous)

Or just say your date is "Pat."

:)

SweetAngelAsh17 said...

I'll be your date :D I miss you!!! Let's hang out this Friday!!

dadshouse said...

If they ask "man or woman", tell them "chocolate!" haha.

I get asked weird questions sometimes by neighbors because I haven't brought a girlfriend around my kids in years. They wonder what's up. Of course, they know nothing about any FWB girlfriend I might have. Just as the blogosphere knows nothing... I'm private like that

Holland said...

LOL, I will never understand the need to know (at work) if one is straight or gay and then say " not that I care...."
I never talked at work about dating... that subject is for friends not for co-workers.

Danielle said...

Go solo and then you don't have to worry about all the crap. Lat em talk. Makes it fun!

Frequent Traveler said...

Thank goodness for blogs - they tell the truth and dispell the illusions magazines try to promote!