Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, July 23, 2010

French Lessons


Well Hello There My Little Croissants,

For the past 6 weeks, I've been taking French at Stanford University through the Community Learning Program. Classes are so effing expensive,  but it was the only class that fit my schedule. I can still say that it has been worth it. First of all, the campus is so beautiful. I've taken a lot of pictures before class. The building in this picture next to the tower is where I have class.

I don't have the time nor the energy to do the homework, and since I'm not taking it for a grade, I just enjoy the classroom experience.

French is my third foreign language that I have studied. German and Spanish were my first two, and it is interesting to see how familiar French, Spanish and German are. Especially French and Spanish. The only huge problem I have is with French pronounciation especially since I am used to the Spanish alphabet.

My last day of class is on Tuesday, and I am sad that it will be over, but at least I have a foundation for continuting to learn on my own.

Anyway, time for me to go and catch up on your blogs before I go to bed.


17 comments:

RA said...

Oh, j'aime bien les croissants, mais je prefers les pains au chocolat!
This said, way to go girl! Studying, no matter what, is never wasted.
French is a beautiful language... can you imagine that I lived 14 years in Paris! :D

LL Cool Joe said...

I admire anyone who can speak a second language. Good for you! I I find English hard enough! :D

Ileana said...

Good for you! I always wanted to speak a third language and I'd be torn between French and Italian. With the possibility of moving to Canada in the future, I should probably go for French. It's so romantic.

mac said...

Wow, you aree a multi-lingual babe ;-)

I studieds in French for three years in High School. Speaking three languages already, it should come easier for you...which does not mean it's easy.

Anonymous said...

You must be able to roll your "R"s then... I cannot. My inability to do so (despite much effort) has discouraged me from pursuing another language any further than my school requirements. Go you!

Big Mark 243 said...

I love the idea that you are picking up French. You have the cosmopolitan look of someone who knows the world. Adding French to your repetoire only adds to your intrigue.

Walking around that beautiful (so I hear... the only campus that really knocked my socks off that I have see is Pepperdine) campus still young and vital, I have to wonder if you have seen any nice looking young men that you wouldn't mind getting to know?

Big Mark 243 said...

I love the idea that you are picking up French. You have the cosmopolitan look of someone who knows the world. Adding French to your repetoire only adds to your intrigue.

Walking around that beautiful (so I hear... the only campus that really knocked my socks off that I have see is Pepperdine) campus still young and vital, I have to wonder if you have seen any nice looking young men that you wouldn't mind getting to know?

Bev said...

Good for you! I took French, Spanish, and Latin in HS and have found that they have all helped me get through life with a little more appreciation for language. I'd love to take French again as an adult.

KrippledWarrior said...

il est facile de parler français. les petits enfants font tous les jours. maintenant, montrez-moi vos tatouages

H said...

I grew up in the netherlands, you should learn Dutch then we can chat in my mother tongue, here's a sample for you to decipher.

"Jij hebt een lekker kont dat ik graag will eten." :)

Shadowdancer said...

Incliner et des cultes votre nouvelle maîtresse... mon chat.

Danielle said...

Wow girl. That is awesome. I am too lazy to even learn English that well! :)

Riot Kitty said...

Good for you! Funny, your opening line reminded me of a cartoon villain played by Jean Reno: "Helloooooo, my leetle chocolate cwossant!"

Candace Rae's Life said...

That's awesome that you're taking a class. I took a sign language course when I was living in Seattle - single and no kids. Good for you for doing things to better yourself! (I'm a bit jealous, since I do have a husband and kids and those things have become harder to do!)

mac said...

Wow, I just saw my comment...I really need to wake up a little more before I type ;-)

Bon Soir :-)

Candice said...

Edjumikation is a good thing to do.

Red Shoes said...

I wish I had stuck with French when I took it in high school... and you've studied German? How difficult did you find it? I guess I could start with Spanish.. hahaha... it's coming whether we want it or not!

I adore your drive for learning and experiencing!!

~shoes~