Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Latest............ UNPUBLISHED POST WRITTEN IN Jan 2011

What's Up My Little Blueberry Pancakes ?

How are you doing, loves ? Having a nice weekend ?

My thoughts are scattered, so I will discuss the latest in list form.....

1.) This is my last weekend, my last hurrah here at my old place before I move into the new one on Monday. I always get a little anxious moving into a new place.

2.) I am currently reading "The Power of Now". I got introduced to that book by the most awkward date ever with someone I initially really liked. I blogged about a couple of weeks. If you don't know, you can catch up here. I truly believe I was meant to meet that guy. I've been making the same dating mistakes over and over, without realizing it and when I made them on him, I finally realized what I've been doing all this time.

That guy, although he turned out to be a royal douchelord to the tenth power, came with lessons that I really needed to learn. So glad we met, so glad I learned my lesson, so glad he is out of my life now.

3.) I have mixed feelings about "The Power of Now" by Ekhart Tolle. I have made it through the first few chapters. The heart of what he is trying to say is really good so far. Basically, he is talking about living in the moment and describes how you can do that.

Some problems I have with the book...........

-I am uncomfortable when authors try to lump deities like Buddha and Jesus together in a paragraph or interchange them. It's a subject that I think should be treaded on lightly. New Age leaders that cherrypick from religions and take what they want and form their own thoughts and then have followers make me very nervous. It's a breeding ground for cults.

- Tolle (author) claimed that he was miserable to the point of suicide and claimed that he heard a voice, inner voice or whatever tell him to live in the now near his thirtieth bday. And so he did. I don't think it went down like that. I don't think he came to all the realizations he talked about in the book all by himself. I think he had help from other sources that he did not properly cite. I think he sounds a little like a cult leader. ( I was raised in one, I should know.)

-His tone of voice comes across as Master/Grasshopper. He really dumbs down the concepts and makes the readers feel so simple. At least that was how I felt.

HOWEVER, I will keep on reading because at the end of the day, the message is clear, it's a message that although I don't like the package it came in, the concept is an excellent one. I have been carrying the past with me for so long, that I haven't made room for living in the present moment. And at the end of the day, this is just a book, I am not interested in meeting Tolle or following him.

There you have it.

Besitos !



No comments: