Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, July 16, 2005

High School and College Buddies

Hello Everyone,

Today I went to a bbq to catch up with my gal friends at my friend's house. We went to high school and some of us went to college together. I haven't seen them for a while, especially since I was away for a year.

The weather was baking outside and I got a lot of sun. In fact, it was so hot that I burned the soles of my feet by daring to walk on the hot cement. Luckily my friend has a pool so I spent a lot of time in there.

Anyways, we all talked about the good ole' high school days, our college days and life after. Time sure can fly.

We are all college grads now. One just graduated a couple of months ago. Some of us have jobs, and some are looking for work and living at home. One of us is married. None of us have children yet. I feel that we are in the beginning stages of our lives. Things are starting to happen for us. My married friend just got a new job, is building a house and planning on having children soon.

As for me, I just came back from Europe, I just got a new job and a new car. I feel like I am starting my life. Those days of laying the foundation are over. Now I am starting to build over that foundation.

Just 6 years ago we were all single high school girls talking about our futures with nothing to show for it. I can't imagine any of us having children. In my mind we will always be young, single girls.

It was a nice day. But part of me felt a little nostalgic and sad. Sometimes I wish for those days where I could have a clean slate like I did 6 years ago. I am sure we all think about that from time to time.

Anyways, that's enough deep talk for now.

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had fun with your friends. Its always nice to reconnect with you old buddies.
I feel like a new stage in my life is just beginning.
Elisa

Anonymous said...

keep building gurl!

Anonymous said...

It feel great to connect with old friends and seening what has happen since you last seen each other.  I just recently had a class reunion and the changes we have all gone thru, some good, some bad.   Over all we are still here able to talk and laugh about what has happen in our lives.