Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, April 14, 2008

Campus Ducks

Hello Everyone,

So today I had to stay on campus longer and while I was walking to the library I saw one of my friends, the campus duck ! There are normally two ducks that waddle around together, but today she was alone.

On campus we have a big water fountain that also serves as a bench/place to lie down and read. The weather has been getting warmer lately so people have been sitting outside.

I was on my way to the library and when I passed the water fountain, I saw this guy laying down and napping with his arms over his face. About a couple feet behind him was one of the ducks taking a nap too ! She (I think it's a she as she's not so colorful) buried her neck into her feathers behind her. I could see her eyelids move, but I knew she was sound asleep. Each time she took a breath her feathers moved. It almost looked like a dance. It was so cute. I was staring at this damn duck for at least a few minutes. People must have thought I was wierd !

So I go into the library for a while and when I came back out, I found her friend. Her colorful male friend was kinda hiding in the waterfall. While his lady friend was napping he was in the fountain under one of the fountain fixtures that provided shade. The water was pouring over him. He was enjoying the shade and probably paddling his little feet to remain stationary so that the water didn't sweep him away.

There are also beautiful pink blossoms next to my classroom. They even smell a little. It makes you just want to bury your face in them. Sometimes I smell them and play with them. Today I saw another girl enjoy them. She was wearing a pink shirt while she was enjoying the blossoms, the same shade as the flowers.

I guess I am happy that spring is here.

No comments: