Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, April 25, 2008

Ten Years Ago.................

Hello There My Lovelies...................

Ten years ago today................... I was 17 years old and a junior in high school. A very dorky, awkward one at that.

This was also the day of my junior prom. It was my first prom ever, really my first special event. My Oma also happened to be in town that day and took pictures of me and hugged me. She told me in broken English that I was not a little girl anymore. I miss her. About a couple of months later after my prom I went to live with her for the summer where I learned to speak to her in German, since she didn't speak very much English.

Anyway, I was such a dork in high school. I grew up very sheltered, really not a whole lot exposure to the outside world. I didn't really wear makeup. I didn't have a social life. I wasn't even going to go to prom.

Then the junior prom came around and my folks made it happen for me. A friend of my mom found a date for me. Another friend gave me a dress and did my makeup. For the first time I was fully made up in a dress that flaunted all my curves.

It was such a nice evening overall. We went to dinner at a nice French restaurant and we talked. Then we went to the dance at the Opera House and danced. A couple of songs still stand out from that evening. "Luv to Luv Ya" by Timbaland and Magoo, "I'll stand by you" and "All My Life" by Kaci and Jo Jo". Oh, and "No Diggedy" by Blackstreet.

Ten years later and I still think about that night. The senior prom a year later was technically nicer (we did go on a cruise) but it wasn't nearly as special to me as the first one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like a Cinderella story... I think you are missing Oma... Do not worry. We are alive as long as someone remembers us. She is probably sitting right beside you as you are reading this. Talk to her... I talk with my grandfather all of the time.
xx