Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, April 5, 2008

New Quarter

Hello My Lovelies,

So school is starting up again on Monday. I am still a little worn out for last quarter, but still excited nevertheless.

I bought a brand new notebook with a cute design. Little things like that make me happy. I love the smell of brand new notebook paper. I am enjoying it now, because I will be wearing that thing out as the quarter goes on. I take a lot of notes. You should see my last notebook. Ripped, and filled with my awful handwriting.

My teacher last quarter in Partnerships and Corporations bitched about my handwriting on one of my midterms. He took a couple of points off, I couldn't believe it. He is the only one that can't read my writing. Doesn't seem to be a problem with everyone else. And his writing is just as bad as mine, if not worse ! Then he asked me if I was planning to take the Bar exam. When I said that I may consider it he gave me a stern look and told me that they would fail me based on my awful writing. Yeah whatever, this isn't law school.

I did get a nice email from my OTHER class ( IP Law) and she said that I got an A in her class and did well on the final. She also told me she enjoyed having me in class and wished me well in the future. I thought that was nice of her.

The text book for my upcoming civil litigation class is outrageous. $130 for the text if I buy it new, $99 used, if I go to the bookstore. If I look at Amazon, I can get the book new for $94. Plus I don't have to deal with the annoying people at the college bookstore. They are so afraid that we'll steal the books that we can't go and look at the books ourselves. They have the whole area roped off. So that means that I can't inspect the book myself and make sure that it is in good condition. I am boycotting the college bookstore.

My teacher for that class already emailed us our first assignment, which was to go to a local courthouse and observe a proceeding. I went to a criminal court. I enjoyed the experience overall. I had never been to court before, so my court cherry has been popped !! I will write about that later. All I can say is that it isn't really like they make it out to be on television.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just want to ask him to explain what he wrote? I know you won't as he might be your teacher again but it's a nice thought!

Anonymous said...

Remember that you are not studying to be a doctor. LOL @ handwriting... I love brand new notebooks, too... I have saved my notes from my favorite classes which has helped me in my jobs.

So proud of you!
XX,
Win =.)