Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, November 21, 2008

Black Friday Hell

Hello There my lovelies,

So next week is Thanksgiving, and I am excited about that. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year because I get to see my family in Mendocino, and also because it is close to my birthday. I am thankful for every year that I am able to make it up there to see them.

Christmas, on the other hand is not my favorite holiday. America has turned it into a commercial hell. It's all about consumerism, decorating, blaring Christmas music and buying gifts, and eating which results in weight gain. While I don't mind the decorations, I wonder how people can stand Christmas jingles over and over from their workplace to the market.

Don't get me wrong, I love to shop, and I like new things just as much as everyone else, but I really think we've made a mockery of a holiday where we're supposed to cherish our family and friends above everything else.

I've been watching the news about Black Friday, and although I tend to be on the frugal side and like to clip coupons, there is no way I am going to stand in line at 3am for a discount. Especially the day after Thanksgiving when I am tired and feel bloated as hell from the day before from all the food. People will stand outside in the cold for a couple of hours, and I don't get it. No discount is going to make me want to try and avoid being trampled by bitchy people who are probably tired from not sleeping the night before, standing in line for a while, and not eating. I've never participated in a Black Friday yet, but I have heard about the fights that break out and how people create a stampede, how fights break out when items are sold out......... it's ridiculous to me how out of control people can get over the latest gadget or toy. Makes me really not want to deal with people in general. Thank GOD I am no longer in retail. I feel for all you out there that actually have to work this godforsaken day.

I love to shop, but I like to shop when the stores aren't busy, and I like to be creative and try and find bargains at all times of the year. In my opinion, you don't need a Black Friday to find the greatest deals if you are on a budget. Due to the economy I am definitely on a budget with the gifts I buy and make sure I don't go over a certain amount.

On another not, I got an A on my Criminal Law midterm. Since that is done, I now have another project that is due on Monday. Lovely.

No comments: