Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, November 15, 2008

No More TRL on MTV

Hello There My Lovelies,

Okay, so you may have heard that Fox recently canceled Mad TV. That is just SOOO not cool. I always loved Mad TV over SNL. The skits were more twisted, funnier, and I was a total fan of Ms. Swan. I will miss it all !

Speaking of SNL (Saturday Night Live), I am really sad that Amy Poehler recently left the show. She was one of the last ones around that really cracked me up. Too bad she's gone now. I miss most of the old cast that was around during 2000 and a few years after that. But then people started leaving and I lost track.

But what is really making me sad is MTV cancelling TRL (Total Request Live). It started airing in 1998. I was a junior in high school then and Britney Spears and
N Sync were gaining popularity. Despite her antics, I still like Britney Spears. I've always been a quiet fan of hers. Her songs were always on the playlist.

I actually started watching TRL in 1999 when I moved into the dorms at San Jose State. I would come in after class and watch it in the lounge before I would go to the Dining Commons for dinner. Back then Carson Daly was the host. I stopped watching TRL after I graduated from SJSU and lived in Barcelona. I don't know who the host is now. Besides, I'm not into most of the artists that they have now anyway. Some of the artists that I used to watch all the time up there were Britney Spears, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Limp Bizkitt, No Doubt, Eminem, Christina Aguilera, 98 Degrees and Mariah Carey.

I will try to get this last show recorded, as I will be working. I am sad that it's coming to an end, because then that just means that I am getting older. I know that my university days and clubbing days are over, but this show coming to an end just reinforces that I am getting older and that this show (which I loved dearly during those times) must come to an end to make room for newer trends aka the younger crowd.

1 comment:

Winivere said...

LOL @ you are becoming quite a TV watcher now that you have TV... It is so addictive; isn't it?! LOL... Yes @ I felt the same way when Chevy Chase and the earlier SNL characters left the show. Just doesn't seem the same; does it?!
XX