Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day !!

Hello There My Lovelies.......

Happy Veterans Day ! I got yesterday off at school for Veterans Day, but not today, the actual holiday. Oh well !

If you are in the service, or have been I salute you ! I have a lot of respect for people that are in the military, whether I agree with the battles we fight or not. The service men and women always deserve our full respect and deserve better benefits. I hope that Obama starts pulling out troops out when he gets in office. I have always believed that we should take care of our own first.

I have a midterm coming up in a couple of days and will be studying for that today. I think that I also have dance practice tonite. I will be performing a routine with a couple of other girls in addition to my own. I have the music picked out for my own routine. I think that I will keep it simple and just dance with a veil and include some floorwork. Most bellydancers don't usually get on the floor, so I like to make that my "thing." Maybe some day I will be able to bring the sword back. I miss dancing with my sword :( I just don't have the space to practice with it.

One thing I learned over time in bellydance is that bellydance can be real powerful if you can master the slow movements. I started out doing fast movements, and I still like to do it, but I have taken a stronger liking to the slower movements and music. It forces you to get more in touch with yourself and pay more attention to your body and the audience.

Okay, so I better get back to studying. Ciao Ciao :)

2 comments:

Ice Pony Girl said...

I love to belly dance! But am not very good at it. Better at Ballroom and country dancing.

Winivere said...

oh so happy to hear you will be performing again!!!!!! Hope you can get some pictures out of it, too! New outfit?????
XX