Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Back To Reality

Hello There My Little Belgian Waffles,

So I am back home ! I decided that I will blog a little while I am waiting for my face mask to dry.

I had a wonderful time with my family on Christmas. Every time I go to my grandma's house, I usually see different old pictures on display. The most recent was of my great-grandmother volunteering with the American Red Cross. My grandma was telling me stories about how "granny" always volunteered for the Red Cross and the church.

Granny lived to be 102. Unfortunately, I didn't get to know her very well. I would visit with her and talk to her, but when I knew her, she was in a chair all the time, and I didn't get to know her as the rest of my family knew her. She was definitely a strong woman that everyone looked up to.

She passed away when I was 15, but how much can you really absorb as a teen ? It was nice for my grandma to fill in the blanks. My grandma was telling me how she met my great-grandpa, and how she loved only him and wouldn't even consider looking at another man after he passed away.

Other than spending time with the family, I spent some time at the beach and took some pictures, which I will be posting in my photo blog. I also watched a lot of TV and caught up on the reading (The Lost Symbol).

So the new year is coming up, and I already have my resolutions. I posted them in my private blog, but the number one goal that I can not ignore is to find a new job in my field. That definitely needs to happen. Either that or I will die trying. I am no longer afraid of rejection. Okay, maybe I am a little, but I will fake it until I make it.

2009 was not a bad year for me (Knock on wood, I still have about 4 days left). Unless anything drastic happens in the next four days I managed to keep it together this year and actually make progress. I got my paralegal certificate, which was definitely a step in the right direction. And unless something happens at work in the next four days, I managed to stay employed too.

I don't know what 2010 will be like, but I am cautiously optimistic. I hope for some new changes in the right direction.

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

Nothing really to say... wanted to let you know that I caught this, and like you, I share your cautious optimism with 2010. Good for you about being willing to get involved and get into making your career happen!