Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Say What ???

Hello My Little Babies,

So my former roommate is having a baby shower in a couple of weeks for his girlfriend. I swear, there must be something in the water since I will be attending 3 baby showers before June. I don't have that many friends, so three pregnancies is a lot in my world. Looks like I will be switching to soda.

Anyway, I went by his place since I still get some mail over there (even though I haven't lived there in 2 years) and he asked me if I was bringing someone.

At first I thought he was casually mentioning it, so I left it alone. But no, he kept asking, and said that I should bring someone with me to the babyshower. I asked " as in a date" and yes, he really is hoping I bring a guy to the babyshower.

Seriously ? Who does that ? I am very single at the moment. How in the hell does he expect me to pull this off ?

How desperate would that be if I asked a guy to accompany me to a baby shower ?

17 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Oh dear. And I bet he meant a straight guy, too. I calculate the odds of this happening at, ohhh, 724,554,197 to 1.

Who brings guy to a baby shower???

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Fireblossom, it would be extremely awkward for the guy unless he was someone you have dated for a while, then it would be like pulling teeth to get him to go. I think that is a girl thing unless he wants a guy there to guy around with while the women sit and giggle.

mac said...

Dude, was your exroomate gay?
Straight guys don't do baby showers. Most guys don't even ask their female friends to come to a aby shower. It's just not a thing that appeals to us.


I'll go with you. Not because I like those things, but I'd go for you, if you wanted.
I hope my testicles won't fall off ;-)

Anonymous said...

Is congratulation in order? Really, i don't know how to advise you here because in NIGERIA, we perform NAMING CEREMONY PARTY 7days AFTER the baby is born according to one's religion & purse, that is when one give gifts & can come ALONE. So SENORITA, as we commonly say in 9ja,IT IS ME & MY EAR THAT IS GOING![meaning JUST ME!]hehehheee

MindyMom said...

A date for a baby shower? What is he smoking?

dadshouse said...

What guy wants to go to a baby shower? I think your friend wants man buddies there.

PorkStar said...

He may think you want to have babies with him. Might as well goa lone and stay away from men for at least 5 years darling. Men stink, by the way.

Congrats to your previous roomate. My situation is just like yours only with me attending like 5 weddings this year.

Call it ironic, when I just got out of one.

Tard R. Sauce said...

I go to baby showers.

Anonymous said...

I think all girls go to the babu shower, the guys stay home.

Frequent Traveler said...

Uhmmm, I'd go alone and bring a Ken doll:)

KrippledWarrior said...

What would Beavis do? Your Ex is whipped.

x said...

Ditto Say What???? Weird. Your little baby, Pippi

Just telling it like it is said...

Yeah...find a gay friend

Red Shoes said...

A guy to a baby shower? Something is amiss here...

You being single with no prospects??

Something is VERY AMISS here!!!!

I find that SO hard to believe... :o(

~shoes~

Anonymous said...

A baby shower for a date? Seriously? Thats a first.

Ileana said...

If anyone can pull it off, Chica, it would be you...but damn, I could think of better things to do with a guy on a first date! lol

Be back later to read your other post!

Mike said...

Good luck finding a guy to go to a babyshower. Unless he's gay and there's nothing wrong with that.