Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, September 24, 2005

My weekend at the nail salon :)

Hello Everyone,

I hope y'all are enjoying the weekend. I have a lot of stuff to do, but I woke up real late this morning so my day got pushed back. I don't know why I am so exhausted all the time. Maybe I am starting to get sick. Or maybe I am not getting enough water. I know I haven't been drinking enough.

I have been thinking about Hurricane Rita. Can you imagine evacuating to Texas from New Orleans only to have to evacuate again? I couldn't imagine what these people are going through. It breaks my heart. I live all the way in California so I was not affected by the hurricanes.

Natural disasters can strike anywhere at any time. Disasters can happen to any of us. None of us are immune to this. I remember watching the news about Rita on my lunch break yesterday. I was having lunch in a Taqueria and it was sunny outside and people around me were talking and laughing at their tables. People outside were going about their business. The weather was beautiful. And to think that people were living in chaos a little farther away in my own country was sad. I am glad that the American Red Cross is stepping up to the plate when FEMA can't.

I got paid yesterday. I barely make enough to pay all the bills and do something fun once in a while. I am a college grad. I know I don't have enough of a professional background. And Enterprise is a wonderful training program, which is why I took the job. But I just can't keep living like this. I love my job, but I can't keep living like this. I don't know what to do. Finding a job that I like, let alone whether it pays well enough, is really hard. I mean, at least I have a job. But still, I know that I can do better than this.

Today I went to the nail salon and I got a manicure and pedicure. By the way there the girl that massages my feet after the pedicure is awesome. My feet are in high heels all week so I need a massage.

 I notice how business is for the girls that run the place. It's pretty good. They drive good cars. I have seen them carry bags of stuff from department stores. And they do nails for a living. But they are very hard workers. Always nice and polite, always willing to make that extra appointment after hours, and always upselling. And most of all, always trying to book the next appointment and trying to get me back in.

There has got to be something that I can do where I love my job AND love the salary.

Anyways, that's enough for now.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love having my tootsies massaged too :o) Going next weekend. Did you get any art work??? D

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, well, you need to be happy with what you do, first off. I feel like you do sometimes though. I barely have enough for bills and going out once a week to karaoke. Karaoke is usually free for me except for the gas that it takes to get there and back.
hugs,
Kathi