Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just get rid of it !

Hi My Little Hummingbirds,

So I've been cleaning out more stuff from storage. It's like I woke up one morning and decided that I don't want to have a lot of stuff, that I want to be a minimalist. I just feel that there is a lot of baggage I've held on to. From books to clothing to boxes of pictures.

Yesterday I dumped out a box filled to the brim of old pictures and old birthday cards and letters. Most of those pictures were duplicates, or pictures of stuff like trees and flowers. And the cards were just cards, with no written messages or cards from people I haven't seen in years. I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Now I just hold on to letters from close family members.

I also cleaned out my e-mail box. I held onto a lot of stuff because I am a sentimental person. I wanted to look back and remember what I was thinking and going through years ago.

Today I went back into my e-mail address that I used while I was in Spain. I held on to a couple of love letters from a guy I really liked. I forgot what it felt like to be even remotely interested in a guy. I deleted his e-mails. Nice reminder from my days in Barcelona, but it's time for it to go.

I do believe that I won't have room for new memories if I don't get rid of the old. It's more of a mental thing than physical.

Ever since 2010 hit, I realized I am kind of tired of the life that I have been living and wish that things could change. It's a long story, but I want a total life makeover. For starters, I moved into a new place, but I have a long way to go until I remotely even feel better. I feel like life has been handing me the same thing over and over and nothing changes.

Okay, that is enough for now my little nectar sucking birdies...............

5 comments:

SweetAngelAsh17 said...

Keep your head up! You are doing things to change your life's direction. Eventually something will happen and life will be different. You have already moved into a more freeing environment, so who knows what's around the corner :)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your blog. I just stumbled across it.

I'm definitely going to subscribe to follow!

You seem like the type of girl that would enjoy my blog. Check it out, I think you'd love it.

www.theboyfriendshopper.blogspot.com

Big Mark 243 said...

I wonder what 'the boyfriend shopper' is about..?

A lot of times when I stumble across pieces of people from my past in the form of a card or a letter, I simply throw them out. The sensation lasts only as long as it remains in my hand.

Don't worry, girlie. You are pretty and smart. Focus on keeping your main thing the main thing and the rest will fall in place.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like reading old "love letters".

Secretia

Jimmy's Journal said...

Oddly enough, I threw away a bunch of stuff in boxes and most of it were things I don't even remember saving.

It's funny how some things seem important today and mean nothing tomorrow...

Jimmy