Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, September 12, 2004

A Lazy Sunday in Barcelona

Hello Everyone :)

How are y'all ? Today is a lazy day for me. I am enjoying it though because it is my last day before I start the daily grind of 8-5 at my new job. I will be working in a call center, trying to get people to agree to have me send them information. I am looking forward to it because the offices are in the World Trade Center in Barcelona with a beautiful view of the port. Plus, it is air conditioned. I suffered all summer without the luxury of air conditioning (yes, it IS a luxury here) so I am stoked that I will be sitting under a fan all day. In fact I hope I freeze to make up for all the times I was burning and sweating all summer.

I am a little nervous about it because I haven't started a new job in almost 4 years, since I filled out the application to be a waitress at Red Lobster. All I have to say, is that I am glad that I am not a waitress anymore, especially here in Spain. Let's just hope that I find my dream job here in Spain or soon after I am back in the US.

I was going to go out last night, but it ended up raining real hard and I ended up staying home. My flatmate also ordered us pizza and rented movies. I ordered Pizza Hut from across the street. We also watched The Mexican and My Cousin Vinny. Gotta love the comedy. I was happy that we could change the DVDs to English.

I am supposed to go out dancing tonite, but I have to be home at a decent hour so that I can catch the last metro and wake up in time to be ready to start my new job. Lord knows I need the exercise.

Did I tell you that there is a little cheapie place on my street? Yeah, I found things dirt cheap. I bought a pair of socks for 75 cents. A big tube of Crest toothpaste is 1 Euro and written in Chinese. I could EVEN buy a nice new piece of luggage for 30 Euros, as opposed to 60 Euros at other stores. I'll be a faithful customer for a while.

Until then, I better clean up my room. I still haven't fully unpacked everything yet.

Ciao.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow the wonderful thing about Journals is that you can meet so many people from all over the world and get a peek into their life.
Thanks so much for stoping by my Journal and leaving such a sweet note I will be back to yours also. Barcelona is one of the places I would like to visit. Does it look as romantic as it sounds?
http://journals.aol.com/carly0042/MYQUITCORNEROFTHEWORLD

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked that they have a Pizza hut and a Red Lobster in Spain. LOL! Who would have thunk it! : )

Angela