Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Things that I am Thankful for

Hello Everyone,

How are you today ? I love the picture above. I miss bellydancing. And there are sooooooo many shops here with the most beautiful jewlrey, makeups and fabric. And what's stopping me ? Money. Damn ! I just don't have it right now. But in the mean time I am growing my hair out as long as I possibly can.

I am still sick and it kinda sucks. But oh well, that is my own fault for not getting enough sleep this week.

Today I was glancing at the Photos of the Week here on AOL. It was sad. There is so much sadness in this world. There is so much suffering on this planet. And hardship knows no boundaries. It knocks on everyone's doors at some point.

You've got people who just worry about making it to the next day because their country is at war, or because they are terminally ill in the hospital. Then you have people that aren't facing poverty or sickness, rather their own personal demons such as depression. Each person has their own harships that is very real to them.

And as I was looking at these photos, I thought about my own life. Yeah I am going through a rough time and it IS affecting me and I am sad and confused. And maybe I should allow myself to go through these emotions. But then I read about what's going on in this world and I realize that I have life pretty good.

So, today I am not gonna bitch or vent. I will do that next week. Oh, you know I will. Today I am gonna list the big/small things in NO order of what I am thankful for. Because I might not have them tommorow. Okay, here goes, and beware because my list is kinda long, okay ?..................................

1.) A very close family friend that acts like my mother sometimes and gives me advice. Sometimes we just need an influential non-family member like that in our lives. She has been in my life since I was 5 and has saw me through EVERY hardship and happiness. My happiest time with her was when she showed up to my college graduation. She knows who she is. For this alone, I am very lucky.

2.) Living Parents. Not only are my parents are alive, but they love me and want to be involved in my life. I am blessed with a mother, father and a step-father and they all love me. Was my life perfect with them ? Of course not . And they are always busy, but they are still there for me.

3.) Grandparents. I LOVE my grandparents to death. Especially my grandmothers. My grandma in CA always hugs me and tells me she loves me EVERY time she sees me which means the world to me. And then you have my grandma in Austria that makes sure I know about my Austrian heritage. She doesn't speak English and I like that. She is a proud, traditional Austrian woman that is all for me learning German and Austrian culture. Plus, she cooks good Austrian food and I am never hungry with her.

4.)The rest of my family. I gotta move the list along since it's getting long and you and I don't have all day.

5.) The fact that I even got the opportunity to go to Spain. I was dreaming of coming here for a whole year. This trip is NOT easy. In fact, just ask any person that just got up and went to Spain like I did. It can be a little rough out there, and a lot of people do it. But the fact that I am here is cool. I got to see a lot of things and meet cool people. I don't know how long I am gonna last here. I could be on a plane next week. But at least I stuck it out for this long.

6.) My education. I am just glad that I took the opportunity to get an education, especially in college. So many people live in poverty and don't even have the opportunity. I am glad I took advantage of my opportunity.

7.) Gal friends. Sometimes we need someone to gossip to about the boys as well girl things. Lemme just say hi to: Christina, Shira, Stacey, Sara. If I forgot any names I am truly sorry.

8.) That I am an American Citizen. I am a proud owner of that blue US passport.

9.) My blue eyes. Okay, I know that seems funny but I am glad God made my eyes blue. We all have imperfections on our bodies. And though I have my fair share, I think my eyes make up for it.

10.) Oh !! And how could I almost forget this one ???? My health !!! I may face health problems in the future, but at least I can say I am thankful that I am alive and healthy today. If you are healthy AND have all your limbs you better thank your lucky stars.

I will end the list here for now, even though I could easily add other things. I hope that you all think about what you are thankful for. It is so easy to forget, especially when we are wrapped up with what's going on in our own lives, which is normal. But remember that there is always someone out there that has it worse than you and I.

I hope y'all will enjoy your weekend.

Ciao.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry.  Made me think of all the things I am grateful for in my life even though I have lots of health problems.  One thing is our Grandson Nathan.  I spent two hours playing with him this afternoon and he just smiled and smiled at me. I know he is a blessing from God. I have many other things to be thankful for as well, a roof over my head, food to eat, the love and support of my family. Eyes to see, ears to hear, fingers to type, a brain to write things in my journal - well the list is endless. I have no parents anymore and obviously no grandparents but I count my blessings. I wish I had better health but there are people far worse off than myself.  
As to those shops, I loved to shop in Spain. I would spend a fortune if I was over there.  I cannot travel these days so my dream of getting a Spanish Doll, you know the Flamenco type, is long gone. Should have bought one when I was young and was in Spain myself. Oh well, we cannot have everything. Hope you feel better soon and have a good weekend and a great week. xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

What a terrific entry. I really enjoyed it. You have no idea how much you showed of your inner self in this entry and it's all good. I like people with gentle hearts.


Angela

Anonymous said...

Always nice to count your blessing, I am thankful for finding your journal.