Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Good and Bad

Hello Everyone,

Today was a pretty nice day. I got to meet my first English students for the first time. I met them through my old roommate. They were very nice people. I will be giving them classes at their house. I am glad that I at least found the place. Getting there was interesting, but at least I did it.

They are from the Dominican Republic, a country which I know almost nothing about. I will be teaching a mother and her two teenage boys. The mother made me a nice lunch from her country and I got to talk to one of her sons about life back in the Dominican Republic. They speak no English whatsoever so I hope that I do a good job with them.

For lunch the mother made rice, fried plantains, fried pork, steamed potatoes and broccoli. Very good stuff. Then she gave me cut up mangoes and kiwis. To top it all off I tried a Baileys and Creme with some coffee. Verreh nice I must say :) I will be giving them lessons every Saturday and Sunday afternoon. If they like my classes they will recommend me to their friends.

Life was looking pretty good after I left their house. Then I got on the metro and had the pleasure of getting harassed by 4 teenagers. For the record I detest Spanish teenagers.

Anyways, they stared at me the whole way, and must I add that the journey home is kind long. After me ignoring them they decided to sit closer and insult me in Spanish. Because I wasn´t doing anything they got a little irritated. On the way out one of the girls called me a bitch and spit on me. Luckily she missed. Then she decided to spit on the window after she got of the metro. What the hell did I do do deserve that? Since when did I go back to high school?

Man, I was pissed. But luckily the older guys behind me were nice and made gestures to hit her and said good bye to me after they got off at their stop.

What else ? Oh yes, the computer here remembers my password for my yahoo IM. Apparently I didn´t do a good job of erasing it before I left. I have Spanish friends that I talk to sometimes, and one of the girls that comes here a lot decided to talk to my male friends and hit on them and flirt. I hope that they realized it wasn´t me. At least one of my friends knew it wasn´t. I haven´t heard from my other buddies so I hope that nothing happened. At least my parents would know for sure that it´s not me since they don´t speak Spanish.

 I still have to do my laundry and make lunch for work tommorow. I hope that I will enjoy my upcoming week, and I hope you do too.

Ciao :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those teenagers sound horrible. I hope the whole country of teens isn't like that. Luckily those men were nearby.
Be careful (the mommy in me)
Angela