Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, October 14, 2004

My lovely job :P

Hello Everyone ,

AOL just ate up the entry that I wrote. So now I have to post another. Go figure.

Let´s talk about my job a little shall we? Today was another normal day at work. The moment I include the words INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY people reject me. And they actually sound a little scared. They act like I am trying to get them to make a pact with the devil. Sometimes people even get angry. You would think that I am trying to sell their mothers over the black market.

 I think that most of you are like me and don´t like telemarketers. But there are some people that will STILL trust complete strangers over the phone. And in my opinion they are morons. See, that´s why I don´t like my job. Because if people are actually interested in receiving the information that I am sending out then I think they are morons. Because I don´t even have a faqin clue what I am sending. (Actaully I do, but I am not allowed to tell the people over the phone. Go figure.)

Take for example one of the financial advisors. He is a single man with no kids. When he tries to get people to become his client he turns into a married man with a 10 year marraige and small children. He spews out so many lies and he does a damn good job. He gets people to tell him thier details, yet he lies about his. While he is busyin lying about his details, he tells people that this business is built on trust and confidence. Ha !

And he is very persistent. He will say anything. If the guy on the other line wants to consult with his wife first, he will try anythin to stop him. '' You make business decisions every day. Do you consult your wife every time you make a business decision ?'' I also find it humorous when he tries to tell the guy how happy the wife will be when they make a profit on the stock. ´´ Then she can go shopping and buy her Gucci Purse´´ Because of course to him, that´s all we women think about : Our shopping sprees.

There is a saying from the movie Boiler Room : Don´t pitch the bitch. And a lot male financial advisors will not deal with women. Why ? Because according to them we are indecisive. But if you ask me, I just think that we are smarter and more rational about the whole thing.

So next time you trust a stranger on the phone, think again. You can never be sure. Luckily, this business is legit for the most part, and the clients DO earn money. But still, ya never know.

While I was busy making calls and bored out of my brains, I overheard one of the financial advisors try to get in contact with a guy named Mr. Dildo. I just about lost it. I also found a construction company in the U.K. with the name Erection Services. I have a burning urge to prank call them. So far I have not acted on it. YET.

I think that for shits and giggles I will bang out a few fake leads like that right before I leave the company ( if I EVER do). Let´s brainstorm, shall we ?????????

 1. ) Mr. Harold (Harry) Balls.

2.) Mrs. Ima Ho

3.) Mr. Harold (Harry) Merkin. ( Do you know what a merkin is ? If not, that´s your new homework.)

4.) Mrs. Poon Nannie

5.) Mr. Harold Cox ( I actually had a cust with this name at Red Lobster.)

6.) Dr. Phoc Hu

7.) Mr. Harry Johnson

Anyways, you get the picture. Sometimes we all need a way to amuse ourselves I guess. And for those of you that know me personally I really have a potty mouth.

Okay I better go now. I am starving right now.

Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to change those words investment opportunity. I would automatically think......Right......for you!
I always dislike when telemarketers don't tell you the truth from the beginning or tell me what I want to know....I want to scream be real. Simple....Ask real questions.
1) Have you wanted to invest for your future? If so, I'd like to share some information our company has.
2) Tell people never invest unless you are willing to take a gamble.....or can afford to.
3) Explain how many years have you been in business under the name your are in?
4) Send me information and a contact number for me to return your call if I'm interested
5) If a person says no, be gracious, offer a number in case they should change their mind and off you go.

I think the reason people don't like these types of calls is because they don't trust the caller and why should they? If the investment opportunity is so great, one wouldn't need to solicit for it!
And this is why I couldn't be a telemarketer. ; )
Angela : )