Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A Tuesday here in Barcelona

Hello there my lovelies,

I would first like to say that I am in an internet shop typing this and the man on the computer next to me smells like a bum. For the love of gawd, man !! Please wash your ass and use a mint !!!!! Cuz, ya know that us humans all have to breathe the same air !

You all know that Halloween is coming up soon !! Well, I definitely will be scaring people that day if it is a work day. All I have to do is say¨" investment opportunity". I swear to God that the other person on the phone sounds like I am sticking a gun to his head when I mention those two words. Sometimes I just laugh when they reject me in a scared voice. And you probably think I am exaggerating. I am not. People really sound like I am trying to get them to use a Ouija board.

I went shopping at the Walmart of Spain : Carrefoure. There I bought enough food for a week or two. Thank God ! I was running low and now I am stocked up again. Doing a simple task such as going to the store to buy food is still an adventure for me because I am STILL getting used to the stores and way of living here. I still am fascinated by the similaries and differences of the products at the stores here vs. the US.

I loved this store a lot more than Walmart and Target because it was cleaner. The Walmarts back in CA are ghetto. Plus I could practice my vocabulary by reading all the signs in Spanish. I went with my roommate and his mom becuase it is best to go there by car. She is a nice lady and was telling me which food to buy.

I get a little jealous when his mom is around because it makes me miss my mom a little. He is a momma´s boy and gets his mom´s love on a daily basis. I miss getting hugs. And not just any hug. I want the hug that my mom gives me when she holds me tight and rubs my back in the process.  Yeah, THAT type of hug. I am sure y'all can relate. At least I hope that you can. There is really nothing that I can do to feel better because ya know, hugging myself really doesn´t make myself feel better. Haha !

What else ? Well, nothing really. Same old same old. Tommorow I will be going back to the phones to call strangers, using the same old boring pitch. And I can be sure that I will be scolded by my boss for not getting enough leads. Sometimes its hard not to laugh at him because he has a unibrow and wrinkles his forehead when he scolds us. Haha.

Okay, I am off for reals now. I am hungry and I am gonna go wreak some havoc in the kitchen. Remember: Give me a hug and DON´T invest all your savings over the phone with a stranger. If you really want to lose your money give it to me. Haha !

Ciao. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you miss your mom. That's a good thing. Maybe you will be together soon. I hope so for you and for her.
Angela
PS.....I'm still shocked there's a Walmart in Spain. Seems so American.