Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, May 2, 2004

A Change of Plans?

Hello Everyone,

     Does anyone even read this journal? I am just curious. I almost never get any feedback. Oh well, whatever. At least I will have a recording of my last year in college and the planning of my trip to Europe.

Speaking of which.............. Plans for that trip are not looking so hot. I NEVER thought I would say this, but I think that I might have to stay here in the US a month or two longer. I am gonna call the school in Barcelona on Monday and see what they can do. Maybe I can take the class in August instead of July.

I am struggling so bad financially right now. There is just no way in HELL that I am gonna have enough money abroad if I leave in June. I misplanned and misbudgeted. I also just did NOT realize that the job market is so sad, especially for foreigners like myself.Things are so expensive in Spain, and I can't even save money for my trip. There are so many bills to pay before I leave and my money is just instantly eaten up. This weekend I thought I was gonna have some extra money because my dad sent me his monthly support check. Well, that money got eaten up right away because one of my tires blew out and I needed to get the other 3 replaced as well.

What else? I worked today and yesterday and I really didn't make a lot of money. I lost money yesterday because I accidentally gave my table too much change. I realized the mistake too late. I felt like such an idiot. Today was worse. I did have a wonderful table though. The people were so nice to me and smiling. They were spanish-speakers and were just relaxing and asking me questions and getting me to speak Spanish.

HOWEVER, I had this table with a total wierdo. I waited on him and his girlfriend. His girlfriend was such a sweetheart, but her man was a total ASSWIPE. I swear to GOD that his ability to reason must've been erased due to a crack habit. What's sad is that I think he probably beats her. And he is one ugly-ass skinny motherfucker. She actually does what he says. Anyways, he wanted a coleslaw and his gf wanted a salad. When I brought them both out, he realized that the coleslaw was smaller than his gf's salad and almost flipped. He threatended to get angry if I didn't get him a salad. He made sure that his meal wasn't smaller than his girlfriend's meal.His meals just HAD to be better than hers. He also was pissed that she got ranch dressing and that he didn't. Then the assmunch wanted to know if I was making money. I told him "not really" and then he told me that he'd tip me BECAUSE I wasn't making that much. Otherwise, he was gonna stiff me if I was doing well. Well, turns out that he did stiff me anyways. In fact, he was gonna try and walk out on the bill altogether, but the bussboy told me that he stopped them from doing that. I was just happy that they finally left. Oh wow. I wonder what tommorow is gonna bring.

I just got back from Dave and Buster's with my coworkers where we celebrated a coworker's b-day. I used to hang out with them a lot so it was like old times. My manager even showed up.

Okay, thats all for now folks. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least one person checks in regularly at your journal. I think most "journal people" are more interested in writing about their own life than reading about someone else's.

Perhaps the online journal is not so dissimilar from the old kind that was kept on paper. Maybe it also is best viewed as a vehicle for self-growth or self amusement, rather than for its entertainment value to others.

By the way, your journal first introduced me to "Customers Suck," which I now read faithfully.

"Swifty"

Anonymous said...

Hey "Swifty"

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad that you like the Customer's Suck journal. I am a faithful reader too.