Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Day Two of my Tour of Barcelona

Hello Everyone :)

I waited a long time to finally write something about these photos. The heat here is incredible and it makes me incredibly lazy.

This is Day 2 on my tour with Xavi. I really enjoyed this tour and I was very sad when it ended. Unfortunately I didn't capture everything. For example he showed me one of Catalunya's most famous chocolate shops.

Pictures 1-3 are of me in the streets. Nothing too special. However #4 is important for me to explain. This picture was taken in an old neighborhood. If you look closely there are 5 floors. The first floor has the biggest balcony with the biggest windows. On the fifth floor there are no balconies and the windows are a lot smaller. This is because in the old days there were no stairs. Therefore the richer people were on the first floor so that they wouldn't have to walk so far. The people on the fifth floor were the poorest because they had to walk up all the stairs to get to their place. Not only that but they didn't even have a balcony.

This is so interesting. Nowadays since there are elevators, the richer people tend to occupy offices/apartments on the top floor so that they don't have to deal with all the noise that the people below have to put up with.

 

No comments: