Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, July 24, 2004

This entry was actually from July 19th

 

Hello Everyone :)

 

Over the weekend I bought some new shoes FINALLY !!!! And guess what ? They match a lot of my clothes. They are nice, blue thongs and I only paid 13€ . It hurts between my toes, but at least my whole feet aren’t sore anymore. I also bought a beautiful, long skirt for only 7€ on my street. What I really loved was that my lip gloss, hair conditioner and eyeliner were 70 cents each. Since I am scraping every penny, I don’t part with my money unless I think I am getting a really good deal. And I surely hit the jackpot this weekend.

 

What else……………. I was on the metro today on the way home from class and this man on the metro was playing the accordion. Normally people that play the accordion on the metro get on my nerves because they play bad music, and they want money. And since I have no money to give, I have to turn my head and pretend they don’t exist. But this time was different. The man played good music. In fact it made me fantasize about traveling all over Europe. Plus, he wasn’t annoying either. He graciously accepted money and didn’t yell at anyone. And after he collected his money he stopped and went to the other section of the metro car. And he ended up collecting more money than other accordion players normally do. Now I would’ve gladly given him money if I had it.

 

Today I taught my 6th lesson to upper-intermediate/advanced students. We have to teach 7 lessons, so I have my last lesson on Wednesday. Normally the teachers make us use materials from text books to plan our lesson. But I decided that the reading material describing the history of trade was too boring for the class. So, I basically spent my whole afternoon designing a new lesson. Why read about the past when they can learn about what’s going on now?  I went on the Internet and printed a page from the World Trade Organization website describing what they are a good organization, and then I found an article by a group that hates the WTO. So my students could see both sides. Then I had them answer reading comprehension questions. We also worked on vocabulary words. I think that the students are tired of doing work out of the textbooks and were probably happy that I was I was giving them something new. I gave them more challenging material, and they were concentrating on finishing the assignments. I also think that my teacher was happy with the materials I made. Plus, I learned more about the WTO. Many people think they are evil. I don’t exactly know everything, but I would have to say that it is a very questionable organization after what I read today.

 

Right now as I am typing this I am listening to Nirvana. Kurt Cobain sings with such strong emotion. This was very popular when I was in middle school and it brings back so many memories……………..good and bad.

 

 I have to say that I could only bring 30 CDs with me. I mainly brought my Arabic/Bellydancing music along with other artists like Britney Spears and Ricky Martin. What I didn’t really bring was good ole’ alternative music. I brought one Linkin Park CD (LOVE those guys) but I overplayed them. I was just so thrilled that I found someone who let me borrow his Nirvana CD. I am busy playing the hell out of this CD.

 

Oh ! How could I forget about this morning ??????? This morning some people were doing construction at 9am. They were hammering so hard downstairs, and sound travels really well in my room. Not only could I not hear my thoughts, but my walls were vibrating. I was so mad, especially since I was mentally preparing for an exam. As I was leaving for school, I kindly asked the landlady (porteria) downstairs in my broken Spanish how long this would be going on. Well, at least the construction men are cute.

 

I am so happy that I brought my earplugs. Every night I sleep with earplugs and a blindfold. One of my neighbors is an older lady that yells at this man, about only God knows what. Too bad I can’t understand because it’s all in Catalan. She decides to do this around midnight or maybe later. Someone downstairs also decides at an ungodly hour to dump all his glass bottles into the recycle bin. Sometimes I hear this kid singing as soon as I wake up. When I first moved into this place, I was concerned about not disturbing my neighbors. Screw that idea. I now slam my doors when I leave the apartment. It’s easier than slowly turning the key quietly. I also listen to my music with the window open.

 

I also had my “Language Awareness Exam” that lasted for 2 ½ hours today. I wrote a lot and my hand hurt so much after. I am just glad that I got through it. I took up four pages of writing for one answer.

 

Okay, enough random thoughts for the day............

No comments: