Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, July 9, 2004

This is The Third Time I´ve Typed this Entry !!

Hello there my lovelies...........................

OMG !!! WTF ??? I have typed an entry for about an hour yesterday only to have it magically deleted by "AO-HELL" just as I was about to post it. SO I type another quick message only to go through the same thing. Now, let´s fast forward to today. I spend about an hour typing a nice, long entry only for it to get deleted ONCE AGAIN. Finally I can post something.

Well, let´s see what´s new in my neck of the woods........................... This week was rough at school, and the amount of homework I have to magically have done by Monday is unreal. One girl was on the verge of crying today. I can´t say that I blame her.

I am supposed to go out with the girls in my class tommorow night for some tapas. I just hope I don´t regret it. I just can´t stand being in the house all by myself all weekend. Plus, it would be good to shoot the breeze with my classmates.

As "teachers-in-training" we have to teach different levels of students. I taught 2 different classes this week, each for about 45 min. We have teachers that sit in the back and "observe" us. They usually write up a long, detailed paper of what I am doing right and what I need to improve.

I also have an individual student that I have to meet with twice. My student is a nice woman from around here. She has a PhD in Biochemistry or something like that. I will look it up again. She is very smart, and wants to learn English because all of the important medical and science journals are in English.

In one of our classes is one of those "rico-suave" Spanish guys who is a car mechanic. ¡Muy guapo! Oh Lord ! I mean, during our lesson I focus on what I am doing because teaching is like 50% of my grade and no man, no matter how hot he is can distract me from that.

But afterwards us girls just have a good giggle. One of my classmates is an artist and drew a picture of him while she was bored. Before our class began he moved by the fan and told me "I sorry, I move by fan coz I verrrry hot." I tried so hard not to laugh. Anyways enough about that.

Oh !! How could I almost forget to tell y'all that the mullet is back in style here. It is so GAWDAWFUL. When anyone with a mullet walks by on the street I always turn around and stare. I know, it´s a very bad habit, but I just can´t believe it. 

This awful hairstyle was popular 20 years ago in the US, and I just can´t believe that it made its way to beautiful Spain. I shudder to think that it might make its way back to the US.

Oh ! I also forgot to mention that I was stopped on the way home from school twice by tourists. First an American guy asks me where Las Ramblas are. A few minutes later a small group of American backpacker guys stopped me and asked me where Las Ramblas are in completely broken Spanish. They had their big backpacks strapped on with their baseball caps. I just told them both directions in English and told them how to read the street signs.

I also have more stories, but I will update soon. If I don´t its because I can´t get this darn computer to listen.

Ciao

No comments: