Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bellydance

Hello There My Lovelies,

So I have been slowly getting back into my dance routine. I am just starting off by taking a class once a week with one of my favorite teachers, who happens to have the same name as me. She is beautiful and nice and her class is a good workout.

So after class last night she invited us to a new Persian restaurant. And as an added treat, her teacher was performing. The dance was beautiful. I was sitting with one of my classmates and we ordered some Persian food. While we were waiting I was telling her about my previous dance teachers, well because one of my first teachers had Multiple Personality Disorder. No joke. She would insult us all. She blamed me for sleeping with her neighbor, when in fact I had never even met him. The sad thing is I still miss her. She turned me into an awesome performer. She had a knack for taking an ordinary girl and turning her into a good performer. I was a beginner with her, just starting out and people that watched me would come up to me and compliment me all the time. One guy told me he fell in love with me, based on my moves, lol. I haven't found another teacher like that since. I've learned more techniques since I left her and I've improved of course, but I feel like she was the teacher that threw the pixie dust on me while I was on stage. She had a way of turning us into performers, it's something that I just can't describe. I ran into her brother a couple of years ago and told him how great she was when she was nice to us, and how I still missed her. I saw a tear roll down his cheek. A sad moment indeed.

Anyway, back to the performance last night..........So I watched this woman perform. Her name is Nana Candelaria and she has been around for a while. She was very graceful and I loved watching her. She would pull up people to dance with her on stage and I happily followed. I just had fun following her lead and shimmying. It's been about a year since I last performed. I miss it all. I miss my old self. It felt good getting out again.

No comments: