Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lacoste

http://www.youtube.com/v/ccWFVFbThlA&hl=en

Above is a link to one of my favorite perfume ads that was aired while I lived in Barcelona. Apparently this ad also aired in Germany as the announcer spoke German. I really loved this commercial. It invoked a lot of emotions in me while I lived abroad. This ad came out around the holiday season when it was really cold (the coldest winter in 20 years) and when I was sad and homesick. Just watching that girl run in beautiful weather and jump as if she was reaching the sun gave me a little hope almost.

I used to walk into department stores like El Corte Ingles all the time while I was living in Barcelona just wishing that I could afford expensive makeup and perfumes and handbags. I was alone in a foreign country with not very much money, and I just longed to have expensive things.

I did end up buying this perfume near the end of my stay. It smelled good, but I don't wear that scent anymore. But I still remember the commercial.

I am working on securing a better job. I would love to take an actual vacation someday where I can actually travel overseas and do some shopping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was alone in a foreign country with not very much money, and I just longed to have expensive things.

I am alone in my own country with not very much money, and I just long to have common everyday things. LOL... strawberries, chocolate, a new bra! LOL