Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gia

http://www.youtube.com/v/sAUZaONad_E&hl=en"></param><param

Above is that link to a music video for a song named Gia by Despina Vandi.

This is the first song that we dance to in our bellydance class for our warm up dance. I love the music video and watching the dancers in the desert. I like the end how she gets swept away on a horse.

I have always wanted to go to Morocco or Egypt and visit the desert. While I was living in Spain a couple of my coworkers went to Morocco and camped out in the Sahara Desert over the winter break. I always thought about going there for the weekend, but never had the money to do it.

Morocco, Egypt and Turkey are some of the places that I would love to visit. I hear that you can get some beautifully tailored bellydance outfits in Turkey.

This artist is Greek, and a couple of her other songs are also my favorites.

Speaking of Greek, the Greek Festival is tomorrow and I am going to check it out with my friend. I can't pass up an opportunity to eat some good food and do some Greek dancing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first read  this, I thought it might be a tribute to the model Gia, but the woman is singing: I can be your genie, baby, I can be your wonder lady. I have always wante to go to Egypt also. I always dream of Egypt as if I were there in another life. Someone tol me I was a part of royalty there long ago. Wonder why I am so poor now. lol

Anonymous said...

PS... Love the music. Wish you coul sen me some. lol