Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cosmetics and Majors

Hello All,

Yesterday was pay day, and I definitely spent some money ! I bought some new makeup. One of my favorite brands is Rimmel, as it reminds me of my time in Austria (Even though it is British). I love their advertising, and their wild colors. I bought a couple of their new items on sale. I tried it out today and it gave me a little boost. I bought this dark purple sparkly nail polish. I also got these cool combos of eyeshadow swirled into one compact.

I also got a manicure as well. I hadn't done that in over a year. The manicurist also gave me a good hand massage. Well, I offered to pay her extra for it. She painted my nails a dark red. I think that I am ready to try out black nail polish soon. It seems like the celebs are doing it and it is starting to grow on me.

Today was more of a lazy day. I went to a barbeque for a school event. I was inducted into an honor society and they had a bbq today so that we could talk to other members. It was nice talking to each other. You have to have at least a 3.5 GPA to be a member. Everyone was nice to talk to.

The members there all have big goals. We were talking about applying to colleges and how difficult it is to get into Ivy League schools. One girl was a beauty pageant contestant in Asia and recently quit that so that she could focus on getting into Stanford. Another guy was talking about how he applied to all the Ivy League schools and how he finally got accepted into UC Berkley.

When I was at the university, I really didn't have a concept of what I would be doing in the future. I went to college because I didn't know what else to do and because my parents advised me to do it. My grades were okay, good enough to pursue a masters. However, they are not Ivy League material. I never thought that I would someday want to go back and pursue my education. I didn't know what my passion was.

I majored in Business with a concentration in Marketing. I also got a minor in Spanish. I never was inspired by Business. I did not like any of my business classes except for Business Law. I did enjoy some of my general ed courses.

I did my work in college and just hoped that I would get a job after graduation. But my internships in relation to that major flopped. Interviews for business positions never worked out.

But I did love my minor. I loved my Latin American History class. As hard as that class was, I learned so much. At the time, I did not speak Spanish, yet the course was only taught in Spanish. I don't know how I ever made it out with a passing grade, but I did. In that class I ended up writitng a paper in Spanish. I also gave a presentation in Spanish about famous Latin American artists. I loved that project a lot and still have it.

I didn't find my passion in legal studies until last year. A lot of things have happened in life that have led up to me finally deciding that I want to pursue a profession in the legal field. I didn't just arrive at this conclusion. I don't know how else to describe it. Years of trying out different things finally brought me here. Maybe I will talk about it in another entry.

Anyway, that is all for now.

No comments: