Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, October 2, 2008

AOL Will Be Closing My Journal

Hello All,

So I've been a member of AOL for nine years now. The only reason I've kept my account was because of this blog that I started at the end of 2003. But now AOL will be closing it down by Halloween. So I don't know if I should even keep that. Plus, they increased my price by two bucks a month. I think I will just cancel AOL, and pray that they don't keep charging me.

I don't know that I will do with my blog. I would like to continue it, and I think that I will transfer it to the new service that AOL chooses. I have so many entries, and I simply don't want to print them all. Plus, five years of blogging through college, my trip abroad and back and my career, is just to important for me to just let it go to waste.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a shame how these Corporate Company treat there comsumers like trash. They offer us something and out of a whim they change things not knowing how it would affect us.  I for one will miss reading your blogs.  Thank god for text messages and Cellphone at least for now.

Anonymous said...

Here's a tip...
You can make you real journal a series of word processor files saved on your computer (and backed up).  When you want to share it, copy and paste the text onto whatever blog you use.  Maybe make it a point to copy and paste the followup comments, too.
The thing about these websites is that when you use them, you are pouring work and time into something that can be pulled away for whatever reason.  If your real journal is on your computer, and not some server somewhere, these sites have no power over you other than a disposable means of sharing something that can just as easily be put somewhere else.