Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, August 31, 2008

In Loving Memory Of My Oma

Hello All,

Two years ago today, my Oma (Austrian grandmother) passed away.

Last night I watched the movie called What Dreams May Come. It's a beautiful film that addresses what happens to us after we die and also introduces the idea of reincarnation.

I really feel that I lucked out when I mourned Oma. It was short, and although I still miss her, I am not hurting. I was able to let out all the pain when I went to her funeral. When I went back, I pretty much visited every place that she took me on her last day with me. Coincidence ? I think not. I walked by the last terminal she said goodbye to me at, I slept at her apartment, visited the Castle with my mom and aunt,where she bought me my last struedel, visited her country house, and I even had the same waiter that served us the last ice cream I ever had with her. I really think it was her way of helping me mourn her and move on. And when I flew back home, I felt like a new person with a new outlook.

 I feel like she is not here. You know how you can sometimes feel the presence of a deceased loved one ? Well, I don't feel like Oma is hovering over me. She sometimes comes in my dreams, but not in a way where I know she is dead. In my dreams, it's like she's always been alive.

I don't know where she is. But with my beliefs in the dying process, I know that she had no problems "crossing over". Wherever she is, I am pretty sure she is with my Opa (grandpa), aka the love of her life. And if she's not, it's probably because she's reincarnated and working on her way of finding him again.

She was a wonderful grandmother to me, and I hope that I am lucky enough to live a happy life like she did. I learned a lot from her.

No comments: