Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Brain Cell Killage

Hello There My Little French Hens !

So What's Up ? I don't have too much to talk about. My weekend was nice, but not the most eventful.

I stayed in and watched MTV's 16 and Pregnant. My coworker who graduated from an ivy league school and reads music and speaks French and is so refined and polite turned me onto this show as if I didn't already have enough brain cells to kill off. So I killed off quite a few on Sat night while watching this show and trying to find junk food in the house.

Basically my little feathered friends, this show is about teenaged chicks in high school that get knocked up because they didn't want to listen to their parents, they thought the pull out method was effective enough, they thought that they could just pawn the baby off on their parents, probably a mix of all of the above.

I will tell you one thing. Thank God my parents didn't have to worry about me. For starters I was a total late bloomer and didn't get all of my curves till maybe my junior or senior year. Also, I was very awkward and a total loner in high school. I was teased a lot in the beginning of high school.

So luckily, getting knocked up and raising a kid wasn't a worry of mine in high school. I also didn't even think about getting pregnant because 1.) I didn't want a child and 2.) I knew my parents wouldn't enable me and raise the kid or let me move back in. I would've been on my own.

I watch shows like this and realize how dumb teenagers can really be sometimes (with even more stupid parents). I look back on my own teen years and realize that yeah, I was dumb too ! And very naive ! I may have made a lot of mistakes, but luckily getting knocked up early wasn't one of them.

Other than the brain cell massacre, I went to bellydance class with my friend and had a good shimmy and shake session. I really love bellydance and I miss performing. It is the only thing that really makes me feel alive. I am so glad I found this dance early on.

I am still slowly planning my trip to Paris and Amsterdam. Any travel suggestions ? Want to meet up with me ? If you are in either city while I am there (Sept 16-29) please hit me up and let's have a cup of coffee together.

I will go to Paris alone, and then meet up with my Global BFF Sergio in Amsterdam the following week. I hope for great weather and lots of great memories.

That is all for now my loves.

Besitos !

13 comments:

Christine Macdonald said...

Oh how I've missed you!

Love that you watched that show. Sometimes it takes a brain time out to recharge our batteries. I'm the same way about Jersey Shore. All I can say about both shows is I *was* as bad and let me tell you how happy I am no video cameras were involved!

Have a fantastic trip. Be safe and remember to post about it!!! :)

Hugs,
Christine

Riot Kitty said...

I am so jealous about your trip! Have a great time. I don't think I'd be able to watch that show without puking...

Irredento Urbanita said...

Amsterdam, love that city although I've never been there. You will get incredible stories there, I am sure. Enjoy that trip.

Valery


[Barcelona Daily Photo]

JStar said...

lol...Well I was one of those 16 and pregnant...What can I say..I learned from my mistakes and grew up fast...Sounds like a fun trip you have planned :)

PorkStar said...

I need to talk to you before you leave for Paris. I'll have some things for Amsterdam ready and some locations for us to defile. Just hope we won't get arrested. lol

Fireblossom said...

None of my gf's has ever gotten me preggers. Maybe there's something wrong with me! ;-)

(signed)

Unclear On The Concept

Diva's Thoughts said...

I so want to take a belly dancing class. I jsut may do that and I am extremely jealous you are going to Paris.

MindyMom said...

As a mother of teenage daughters and having been one myself, they all think they are invincible. Oh, and they know every. f'en. thing. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way but may MY girls never beocme teen moms.

So jealous of your upcoming trip!

dadshouse said...

Sounds like an interesting show. They have reality for everything these days.

My kids got me hooked on How I Met Your Mother, and Modern Family. Both of them scripted comedies. Which I like, because it means some writers are employed, adding value to the world! :-)

Red Shoes said...

I am SO jealous of your upcoming trip... its ok that you dont have much of it planned yet... I like a degree of serendipity in my travels...

I've never been out of the country... :o(

~shoes~

mac said...

I wish I was going to Paris again now. No, I wasn't too fond of the city the first time. But the company would be fabulous, I'm sure ;-)

Choleesa said...

I got knocked up when I was 16. Not the smartest of moves. I did what needed to be done, but it is not something that I would EVER recommend to anyone of that age.

Maude Lynn said...

Your trip sounds so fabulous!