Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, December 26, 2004

My Christmas in Barcelona

Hello Everyone,

Happy Holidays ! I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas. I was looking forward to mine. I was planning on spending it with my roommate´s family and we were also planning on maybe going skiing.

That was all before I got the flu. I got the flu the day before Christmas Eve and was therefore confined to my bed until today ( although I am still recovering). I had it all. I was shivering, sweating, puking, coughing. I couldn´t even get out of bed to get myself a glass of water.

I also called my mom back home, but apparently I called at the wrong time because they were in the middle of something when I called and didn´t have a lot of time to talk. So much for Christmas. I usually hate Christmas anyways, but this year definitely made me hate it even more. I am so glad the holidays are almost over and that I am getting better.

I am thankful that my roommate and his mom took the time to take care of me and check up on me now and then. My roommate made me breakfast in the mornings and gave me medicine. Because let me tell you, the cold medicine that I brought from the states did jack shit for my flu. His mother also came over and cooked for me and talked to me a little. I considered myself really lucky in this respect, because normally when I am sick in the states I am left to fend for myself because I don´t live with my folks.

My roommate´s mom also decided to clean my room for me today. I mean, that was really nice of her. But I am a private person in my room and my room is a mess. That is just how I am. I am fully able to keep the commom areas of the house clean. But when it comes to my room, I am messy and that´s how it is. So I was a little embarrassed when she touched my dirty clothes and picked up after me.

I have been thinking about the next year which will arrive in about 5 days and I really don´t know what´s gonna happen. But I can tell you this. If I don´t get my working papers by May, I am going back home to where I am an actual citizen and can understand everyone.

Sorry if this entry is not so happy, but ya know I gotta keep it real.

Ciao.

No comments: