Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, December 6, 2004

Shopping Hell in Barcelona

Hello Everyone,

I really thought that Christmas shopping in California was bad. I am sure y'all back in the states know that the malls are packed and finding parking is like pulling teeth. I had no idea that Barcelona was worse. I learned something new. Shopping hell for Americans is the day after Thanksgiving. For us here, it is today, December 6th and probably on Wed, Dec 8th.

Today was a holiday. Most people didn´t have to go to work, but the stores were open anyways. So you can imagine all the chaos. ALL the stores were packed. And the streets were packed too. Just walking TO the store was a nightmare. People were walking really slow in front of me and people from behind were pushing me. After a while, I stopped being polite and pushed past people without saying " excuse me".

I don´t know what possessed me to go shopping anyways, but I did. I found what I have been looking for............... An American cookbook for my roommate´s mother for Christmas. It is a huge book with lots of pictures, recipes and it also gives a little bit of history on the recipes. And it was cheap too !!!

I also found a nice, Spanish looking skirt, but I will go back and buy it later. I had no more cash left.

I also am in the process of getting my student loan mess sorted out. Good God. At least things are getting sorted out.

And yesterday I watched the first American Pie with my roommate who had never seen it before. Before we watched it he made homemade popcorn and some tapas. (Fried potatoes and calamari). I was hungry and trying to hoard it all. :)

 That movie reminds me of my first year in college, and it brings back memories. Thanks to that movie, I met my friend and old roommate of 3 years, Christina.

Anywho, he had never seen the movie before and was rolling on the floor in a fit of laughter. While we were watching the film he asked me if it was common for high school students to remain virgins until college. HAHAHA. 

Anyways, I guess that I better go and make something to eat. I am huuuuuungry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What it's not common? Are you trying to tell me, young lady, that it's uncommon? Holding my ears and saying......I'm not listening. LOL!
Angela