Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sorry, Can´t think of a brilliant title for today.........

Hello Everyone,

I gotta admit that I am still very upset about getting stood up by my students yesterday. I left the party from my job a little early to get up the next morning to teach my students. ( The Dominican family). Then when I got to their apartment I found out that they weren´t there after knocking on the door a million times. I also made a lot of calls, but got no response. I thought that there was an emergency.

Anyways, after calling a couple of hours later,  one of the sons answers the phones and casually tells me that they aren´t there and that I shouldn´t come ( 2 hours after our normal class time), and he also told me that they would call me the next day (today). Well, of course they didn´t call. For Christ´s sake, I travel an hour each way to see them !!! The LEAST that they could have done was appologize.

I am so confused because the mom always used to call me when she couldn´t make it. When her son went to the hopspital, she even called me. I don´t know what happened. Maybe she and her kids took a trip at the last minute ?

But anyways, I am not going to teach them anymore. They also owe me money for the first 2 weekends this month, but I really don´t have the energy to hunt them down for 50 Euros.

In a way, I am kinda glad this happened. Even though they were nice, I really would rather spend my weekend mornings sleeping in. I get up early every morning for a job that I absolutely despise and I would like to be able to party on a Friday night without having to worry about getting up early the next day. Plus, they also paid me at the end of the month and sometimes they paid me 1-2 weeks later than that. I am tired of worrying about whether I am gonna get paid or not.

So.............. they can take the money that they owe me and shove it up their asses and find another teacher. I was referred to this family by an old roommate, who I really like. I hope that she doesn´t find out what happened. Hell, I never even expected this to happen, especially since I was introduced to them. Oh well, shit happens. And I learned a little lesson. And lucky for me, this lesson only costed me about 50 Euros.

I mean, maybe if I keep calling them a thousand times, I might get a response, and MAYBE I can get paid. But to be honest, I really don´t even wanna talk to them anymore. We had such good times when I taught them and they were so much fun and so nice, so I am gonna miss that. But I just cankeep bending over like this. I spend all week getting screwed over by my bosses at my day job. I am better off finding new students. But part of me is just gona keep wondering what the hell happened ? Moving along.......................

My roommate is starting to smoke again. When I first moved in, he told me that he doesn´t smoke, just on the weekends when he goes out. And I was living in a smoke-free apartment. Well, now he smokes in the living room. So, this means that after I have a nice shower and spend a while blowdrying my hair and I go to the living room to watch TV with him and he smokes, my hair smells all nasty again.

Everyone and their mother smokes here in Spain. It is just one of those things that you have to deal with. Before I came here, it never used to bother me when people smoked around me. And thats because it didn´t happen very often. Not a lot of people in CA smoke (compared to Europe). Hell, in CA you can´t even smoke in a BAR. Here soooooo many people smoke and now it bothers me. People smoke in department stores and banks and the list goes on. No wonder people here have such bad breath. And I am not joking. I get the joy of smelling nasty ass breath on the metro and elevators all the time.

Well, I must say that today wasn´t too shabby. My roommate and his dad invited me over for lunch. His mother made Paella again, and I ate a lot. I was so stuffed. She is such a good cook. Then we all watched "How to lose a guy in 10 days ". It was a good movie. And before I left the mom told me that I am always welcome to comeover anytime that I want and eat or have coffee with her. I really like her. She is such a nice lady. Kinda reminds me of my grandma on my dad´s side.

Well, tommorow is the beginning of my vacation. I think I am gonna sleep in again like I did today.

Anywho, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Happy holidays. Ciao.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLA TEACHER, JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO....SORRY ABOUT YOUR STUDENTS...NEXT TIME GET THE MONEY UP FRONT FOR YOUR LESSONS AND IF THEY DON'T SHOW UP ITS THEIR LOSS NOT YOURS....ALWAYS ALWAYS HAVE THEM PREPAY....CIAO CHACHI