Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Get out your violins and play for me

Hello Everyone,

I am kinda going through the blues right now.  I guess everyone does. I was really happy last week and this week is different. I think I´ll get over it soon.

I was talking to my old coworker a few days back and a lot of people I used to work with at Red Lobster quit. And we all used to get along really well and hang out together. A lot of my friends that are still in college back home will be graduating soon. Most of my coworkers in my office ( not the nasty investment guys) will be moving to other countries after the holidays. After the holidays I will be broke and lonely. I am NOT looking forward to Christmas. I have always disliked Christmas. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, but too bad Spain doesn´t celebrate it.

I was just thinking about how life will be when I go back to the states. I will have to start all over and make new friends. There is no such thing as going back home and living life like I used to. That chapter in my life is closed for good. Back in the states I don´t have a car,  a place to live or a job waiting for me. I have to start from scratch again.

I also feel really alone right now. I don´t even know how to describe it, except that it sucks. It´s really hard to have a group of friends to go out with on a regular basis. Seriously. Everyone here has their own social life and group of friends so it is hard to go out with the same people. And I am tired of going out with different people all the time.

Last night after I spent a while bitching here on my journal my roommate shared some of his dinner with me. It was so good. I had beans, potatoes and meat. Then we had Baileys afterwards.

While we were eating I had him practice his English a little. I usually have him tell me about his day in English and then I correct his mistakes. I spent a lot of time explaining grammar rules to him. By doing this, I am not really helping him, but more myself. I really need to know how to explain English grammar rules in English as well as Spanish.

What else ? Nothing more really except that I will have my first meeting with another English student on Sunday. I am a little nervous.

Ciao for now.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little confused about how coming back here would be any different than starting new there. Aren't you missing the same things? Well, only you know the answer. I'm just one of your subjects reading as I stop by. : )

Angela